“Is local better? Not” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Jackson, Michigan
“Is local better? Not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

had heard about the place and drove by many times. decided to try it. It is good to support local businesses. So, I spend lots at Jackson Coffee Co. and less at Biggby or Starbucks. No offense to local franchise owners of those regional/national chains .
But as for Giglio's, I can count on getting better food, comfort, service and VALUE at Olive Garden. That's just the way it is.

Visited September 2011

63% Recommend
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Small, family owned, and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Gilio family makes thier own sauces for thier pasta dishes. Everything is true to italian cooking methods. I love thier portabello mushroom salad. They very artfully decorate it with starfish, sautee'd peppers, and thier own dressing. Always a great choice for dinner.

Jackson, MI
“Best date night resturaunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I treat ourselves to Giglios about once every other month. The food is amazing. My favorites are the spinach salad and lasagna. I also love the whole wheat pasta with mainara and grilled chicken. My husband goes for the steak and grilled veggies, chicken parmesan or shrimp scampi. We love to share a carafe of Montepulciano( ?sp). We've had some amazing dates here. They encourage you to sit and relax. The service may seem slow, but I think it's intentional to give you a real Italian experience. And don't leave without trying the homemade tiramisu!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Standby!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I go a couple times a year and always enjoy it. We buy the same two things so we may not be the best guide...unless youre looking to have a great grilled chicken salad and some of the best spinach and artichoke dip ever! The dip is served in a bread bowl to make it even more enjoyable. Worth the trip for this alone! Other things I have tried there have been average - so we almost always sick to our standby!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, MI
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Great food, authentic itallian. Family atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable and at home. Raviolli, scampi, and lasagna are all excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Food