“great people..great stay...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Marietta, Ohio
“great people..great stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay..nice large parking area for semi trucks at entrance..everything outside looked nice and well kept..really great gentleman checked me in..price was fair.room was great,well lit,htr/ac was quiet,great water pressure,hot water,well lit,clean and a standard holiday Inn bed which is perfect..no complaints from me If Im back in this area this is where I will stay again..one minor issue I checked out around 1:00 am and ask for coffee and I was told they do not serve coffee until 5:00am..this was kind of a downer seeing how I was leaving before breakfast I thought a cup of coffee wasnt too much to ask for esp. being a platinum member thats the only thing that kept me from giving an excellent review...

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Jackson during a business trip to the area. The hotel is clean and the on-site restaurant is solid but there is one glaring problem that makes me give this hotel a low rating. They have a room on each floor that shares a wall with the elevator shaft.
I got in to town late after a late flight and when I went up to my room I immediately noted the noise the elevator made as it moved past the wall directly behind my bed's headboard. I immediately called down to the front desk and asked for a different room but was told the hotel was full. Had it been earlier in the day I would have gone to a different hotel but I was stuck for the night. I am a frequent business traveler and am used to sleeping in Hotels. Being close to highways and airports doesn't bother me - I just turn up the fan on the air conditioner and I sleep through them - not so with this elevator. I was woken up repeatedly until 1:00 in the morning after the bar closed and then was woken again at 5:00 in the morning as the early risers started their days.
I went down to the front desk in the morning to complain and ask for a different room the for the next night - When I told the manager my room number she just nodded and immediately offered to comp my breakfast for my stay. While this was appropriate they just need to declare these rooms not for sale and take the loss. The architect that came up with this floor plan really should lose his license - there is a reason there is always a closet or a vending/ice machine area between the elevator and the first room - it doesn't take much but you can't sound proof a wall well enough to screen the sound of an elevator shaft.
The next night was fine - as I said - the place is clean and well kept - they just shouldn't sell that room

Room Tip: do not accept any room ending in 09, you are sharing a wall with the elevator shaft.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Traveldad65,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience the room assigned to you may have caused and are relieved to know that you were given a different room and complimentary breakfast for the inconvenience.It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

At the time I stayed here from March through July this was the only full service hotel in Jackson. The staff is friendly, they have a reasonable restaurant and a good location. However they are right next to the interstate so you want to get a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the seriously loud interstate noise. The hotel is right next to Myers and all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves so shopping and eating in your room is very convenient. Don't bother spending money on breakfast it is not worth it. Another thing this hotel is very popular because it is an oasis (of average mind you) in the middle of not much so it gets booked up. Sadly on more than one occasion they cancelled some of our teams reservations and moved them to other hotels in the area with no notice. I would stay here again but only if there is no other option in Ann Arbor which is only a 30 minute drive away and has far better options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from the road prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the high scores for Service and Cleanliness. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was due to an ice storm causing power outages across much of the area, including our family host's home. We found this hotel to be nice, clean, and modern. The room (a king) was a nice size, nothing spectacular, but worked perfectly for our one-night stay. The bathroom was a nice size with a large shower and plenty of counter space. Our only complaints (that aren't really even complaints) are that they do not offer a free breakfast since they have an in-hotel restaurant; and the area surrounding the hotel does not have much to offer. There are a few fast-food places to eat, and it is right next door to a Meijer store. But, as we were there on Christmas Eve, the only place open was Denny's. Other than that, the stay was lovely!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several business trips. The rooms are standard, amenities are standard, same with the bathroom. It's a fine, average business hotel. Elevators can be quite slow so I wound up toting my suitcase up and down the stairs. The phone at the front desk is frequently left unanswered as I was told they only have 1 person working the desk at any given time and this person is responsible for taking care of any housekeeping items. I couldn't get my temperature control to work properly but just decided to get over it. The room service staff brought me toothpaste when I couldn't reach the front desk. If you get a good rate stay here but don't pay extra for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear willi348,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As we opened the door to the room, a stench of smoke slapped us in the face. I called downstairs, and the advice I was given was to turn the air conditioner for the evening to try to the clean the air. It was 35 degrees out. They were not able to move us because the hotel was full. I used Febreeze but unfortunately that just made the room smell like smoke mixed with Febreeze. Upon check out I noted my concern and the gentleman told me that a manager would be at 4: p.m. and would call me. No phone call. On Monday, I called the Hotel and I spoke to a Manager for a possible credit, and the response: "Well you decided to stay at the hotel after you saw the room". Response: Really? I pre paid the room and it was 10:00 p.m. where was I going to go? Answer: "That is not our problem. Unfortunately, some people break the rules and smoke any way. "

Customer service at it's finest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marilou B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Per our conversation on 11/11/2013 I truly apologize that the room you were registered in smelled of smoke. We thouroughly clean and deodorize any rooms that guest(s) have smoked in having ignored the no smoking law. I sincerely apologize that there was still a lingering smoke odor. If we are not full we do not rent a room that has been smoked in. If we are full in order to honor all reservations we do rent a room that was smoked in after a thorough cleaning and deoderizing. Again, I sincerely apologize and hope to see you in the future under better circumstances.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our small group stayed one evening on a weekend and we were impressed with
the cleanliness, great customer service and attention to detail. The rooms were
very nice and pristine. I hope this newer hotel stays beautiful over the years.
Morning breakfast was limited to a buffet, but it was priced well.

Room Tip: Ask if there are parties on your floor if you want to avoid late nite noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. I am very happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd? Share your experiences!