“Lovely Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was due to an ice storm causing power outages across much of the area, including our family host's home. We found this hotel to be nice, clean, and modern. The room (a king) was a nice size, nothing spectacular, but worked perfectly for our one-night stay. The bathroom was a nice size with a large shower and plenty of counter space. Our only complaints (that aren't really even complaints) are that they do not offer a free breakfast since they have an in-hotel restaurant; and the area surrounding the hotel does not have much to offer. There are a few fast-food places to eat, and it is right next door to a Meijer store. But, as we were there on Christmas Eve, the only place open was Denny's. Other than that, the stay was lovely!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several business trips. The rooms are standard, amenities are standard, same with the bathroom. It's a fine, average business hotel. Elevators can be quite slow so I wound up toting my suitcase up and down the stairs. The phone at the front desk is frequently left unanswered as I was told they only have 1 person working the desk at any given time and this person is responsible for taking care of any housekeeping items. I couldn't get my temperature control to work properly but just decided to get over it. The room service staff brought me toothpaste when I couldn't reach the front desk. If you get a good rate stay here but don't pay extra for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear willi348,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As we opened the door to the room, a stench of smoke slapped us in the face. I called downstairs, and the advice I was given was to turn the air conditioner for the evening to try to the clean the air. It was 35 degrees out. They were not able to move us because the hotel was full. I used Febreeze but unfortunately that just made the room smell like smoke mixed with Febreeze. Upon check out I noted my concern and the gentleman told me that a manager would be at 4: p.m. and would call me. No phone call. On Monday, I called the Hotel and I spoke to a Manager for a possible credit, and the response: "Well you decided to stay at the hotel after you saw the room". Response: Really? I pre paid the room and it was 10:00 p.m. where was I going to go? Answer: "That is not our problem. Unfortunately, some people break the rules and smoke any way. "

Customer service at it's finest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marilou B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Per our conversation on 11/11/2013 I truly apologize that the room you were registered in smelled of smoke. We thouroughly clean and deodorize any rooms that guest(s) have smoked in having ignored the no smoking law. I sincerely apologize that there was still a lingering smoke odor. If we are not full we do not rent a room that has been smoked in. If we are full in order to honor all reservations we do rent a room that was smoked in after a thorough cleaning and deoderizing. Again, I sincerely apologize and hope to see you in the future under better circumstances.

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our small group stayed one evening on a weekend and we were impressed with
the cleanliness, great customer service and attention to detail. The rooms were
very nice and pristine. I hope this newer hotel stays beautiful over the years.
Morning breakfast was limited to a buffet, but it was priced well.

Room Tip: Ask if there are parties on your floor if you want to avoid late nite noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments. I am very happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just needed a quick place to stay while visiting Albion College. Had a very afforable king-bed suite. Internet was good. Restaurant nice (although service was a bit slow). Nice area of Jackson. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. We truly appreciate any and all feedback. I agree that we have a great location. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the area. Thanks!!!
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Overall I would say the stay was good, the staff was very helpful when we needed to find a dry cleaners. The room was just okay nothing too special for the price. My fiance and I had a 2 queen room, it was nice and cozy and seemed clean. We had found just a few things in the bathroom. There was a hair in the shower and a few stains in the tub, but nothing terrible. There was also a stain on the comforter in-between the two sheets that was not a huge deal for us. There is a nice breakfast each morning but you will have to pay extra. We did have one big issue there was a team traveling through that kept slamming doors all night, called down the the front desk to have it taken care of and by 12 am when the team and supervisors when to bed the doors finally stopped getting slammed.

So overall not terrible but for the price probably would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Angela C,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn is quite new with a clean, modern decor. We had a regular King room on the highway side on the 4th floor and didn't notice any noise at all. Everything was clean and we had no problems at all during our 4 night stay. We heard absolutely no noise from the other rooms around us, or from the hallway. The wifi was fast and free, elevators were quick, and the lobby is attractive. We didn't use the restaurant, pool, or fitness room so can't comment on those. I was surprised that breakfast is not included - but maybe we're used to HI-Express where they do this. There are plenty of nearby places to eat and shop, and Starbuck's is just one exit east of the hotel. Staff was efficient and friendly. It's always nice to stay in a newer hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy that you enjoyed your 4 day stay with us. We do have a good location with easy access. I hope that you are able to try our restaurant on your next visit as we have wonderful food. Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the area. Thanks!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Jackson NW - Airport Rd? Share your experiences!