“Great stay for a Right Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood

You added Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   160 E Cloverland Drive, Ironwood, MI 49938 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ironwood
Pine Lake
“Great stay for a Right Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were looking for a clean and inexpensive place to stay on our way home from visiting family. I liked the fact that the hotel was not right up against the highway and we stopped in. The staff was very friendly and they gave me a good price for our quick overnight. The room was nice, clean, and very comfortable. My husband liked the hot waffles they had for breakfast. The hotel was right off the main road near gas stations and we had an early breakfast and were well on our way.

The hotel had the basic amenities which was good. I didn't pay extra for a pool and other things that I wasn't going to use anyway. I would say this is a good clean economical hotel and would suggest it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Lisa, Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Red Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The room had a musty smell although the room was clean. The beds were comfortable and pillows fine. We got a good night sleep as the room was facing residential and away from the highway. Breakfast consisted of waffles, toast, cereal coffee, juice. There wasn't any fruit or yogurt that I see at hotels in this price range. I wanted a shower in the morning but it was broken. I told this to the front desk when I was checking out and he would not give me any sort of reimbursement for this and tried to phone the manager at home who didn't answer the phone. If the shower situation had been resolved I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces the back off the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We try to make everyones stay enjoyable. I am sorry that you were experiencing problems during your stay. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. Again we apoligize for any inconvenience and hope that you would consider staying with us in the future.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nice and it was quiet which was also nice. For a smaller hotel off the beaten path they do have free wi-fi and breakfast. Would definitely stay here again! Pay no attention to Kinkuu's review. If they even had that bad of a problem during their stay our stay was wonderful. Sounds like they were just too damn picky. : o

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chelsea, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

It is an older motel, but the price is quite reasonable. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The first room I was assigned had been a smoking room in the past (I suspect). When I asked about this, the staff immediately put me in a different room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and we are pleased that you were happy with your stay. Sorry about the confusion on the smoking room, we are glad we were able to correct it quickly. Please come see us again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

1 Positive - the staff was nice.
The hotel claims to be pet friendly, but takes no responsibility for the safety of your pet - or children for that matter. Upon entering the barely lit room, we immediately checked under the beds and under the desk for anything left by previous occupants, sure enough - the room had not been vacuumed as we found a couple pills just under the edge of the bed. The room was dirty - with gobs of hair in the corners and especially behind the bathroom door. The walls are paper thin, the people next door had their TV up so loud all night long-we got no sleep. We had 2 queen beds one was so abused and old, it had a big hole in the middle and lumpy - very uncomfortable, the shower diverter would not work if you had the water on too hard. I was quoted $67.00 plus tax - but when we checked in, suddenly it was $80.00, I talked to the staff about the lack of sleep - I complained about being charged extra for a pet that was quiet and wonderful all night, but you could hear all the rude people running up and down the halls, tv's up loud etc.
I think I should have been refunded the pet fee at least, the pet fee is a scam - as they obviously do nothing extra to clean a room after people and pets check out. I usually leave a tip in the room for those who clean- but why reward a obvious lack of cleaning?
A couple things that were not the fault of management, some guy had a real bad cough and hacked up some gunk, he spit it right on the sidewalk in front of the door. - I saw a manager step around it when she went in, but made no attempt to clean or cover it. When I took my dog out in the middle of the night, a room with two teenagers in it yelled profanities at me. There were 3 intoxicated people at 2 am walking across the parking lot yelling at each other - since the walls are so thin you could hear everything. This is the first negative review I have ever given, but my wife was so disgusted and upset when we left I felt it necessary to share this experience. I understand there are things that happened here that were beyond managements control, but shows that people in the community and the guests themselves have a general lack of respect for the property and that does fall on managements shoulders.

Trip Adviser warned us of the problems here - but I read the reviews after we checked out. It would be nice if Trip Adviser added a pet friendly section when searching for hotels- we used another site to find this place and that is why we missed the advice of Trip Adviser.

Room Tip: I have nothing to offer here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We try very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay here. We would like you to know that we have reviewed your comments with our entire staff and addressed the issues that are in our control. We take our guests comments very seriously so we can avoid issues in the future. Please come back and give us another try to see the improvements we have made. Thank you
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We have stayed at this motel several times in the past few years. The staff are very nice and accomodating. The rooms are very clean. It is not the fanciest motel, but it is clean and thats what matters to us. On the down side the beds are a little firm and are not the plush quality that you might get in a pricier motel. Speaking of price, it is very economical. There are other motels in the area, but we always choose to stay at this one because of cleanliness and price. Also, the manager, Jen, is very professional and friendly and has always made our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the king rooms at the end of the building. Quiet and cozy. They have refridgerato...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We booked this hotel through a travel deal site and that is the only way you should ever be unfortunate enough to end up here. On a positive note, the staff was pleasant. On the negative side, the rooms were not clean. When we checked in, there were smashed dead bugs on the wall that housekeeping failed to notice over our three day stay. Our biggest concern, however, was that the entire place smells of mold or mildew with a hint of baby powder scented air freshener. It hits you immediately upon walking in the door. It was awful. After our first night we we ready to walk away, despite the fact we had prepaid for three nights. Unfortunately, due to a local festival, we were unable to find another option. As I type this review, we are attempting to air out our suitcases on the deck because the overwhelming odor came home with us. Allergy sufferers should avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Ironwood? Share your experiences!