“Everything I expected - and more!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Iron Mountain
Phoenix, AZ
“Everything I expected - and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

My sister and I were on the road and needed somewhere to stay. As soon as we drove into Iron Mountain, the Country Inn & Suites was the first place we saw. When I walked in to inquire about availability, friendly Phil at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. He entered our reservation for a two-bed room, and just from general chit chat, he discovered that we were in town for a funeral, qualifying us for the funeral rate. The rate we received was a great deal for what we got.

The rooms are all interior entrances, which is a bonus for two female travelers. The room was clean - very clean - which is #1 on my list of priorities. I didn't even mind walking barefoot in the room. The beds were large (queens I think) and ranked high on the comfort scale. We both slept til 9am which was highly unusual for us!

The night we checked in, we enjoyed a dip in the hot tub and indoor pool, followed by a really good pizza delivered right to our hotel room door from the pizza parlor across the street. We were also surprised by the generous number of channels available on the television.

The next morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (which is convenient and budget-friendly for travelers). They had self-serve waffles, oatmeal, cereals, doughnuts and yogurt. I do wish there were more healthy options but there was certainly more variety and quality than we expected. One bonus was that when I mentioned that I forgot my toothpaste, Phil (poor thing, still at the front desk that morning!) gave me a small tube that they had behind the desk for forgetful travelers like me.

One negative was that my cell service was unavailable most of the time - I have Sprint/Nextel - but my sister's AT&T was fine. I do not know the wi-fi or Internet situation since I didn't inquire - usually this is something important to me, so I wanted to mention it.

Overall this was a great facility for travelers passing through town, or even a family on the road.

• Liked — The comfortable bed & the friendly staff
  • Disliked — No cell phone service (not their fault though!)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

I had a great stay at this hotel a few days ago. The hotel is quite new. The room was comparable to any Marriot or Hilton that I have stayed at over the last few years. Comfy, fridge, microwave, breakfast was acceptable with a few hot items. I don't have a negative thing to say about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Inn & Suites Iron Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites Iron Mountain

Address: 2005 S. Stephenson Ave., Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Location: United States > Michigan > Upper Peninsula > Iron Mountain
#2 Business Hotel in Iron Mountain
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites Iron Mountain 2.5*
The Country Inns & Suites of Iron Mountain is located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We are an 84 room hotel with a wide variety of room types from standard to executive extended stay. We provide all of our guests with a deluxe continental breakfast, free high speed internet, and enough fresh baked cookies to go around. We are sure that after staying with us you will be saying I love this country! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Iron Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Iron Mountain Country Inn
Country Inn Iron Mountain

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites Iron Mountain, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.