“Professional Crew and a Great Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

906 563 5450
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience wild, scenic Michigan on a whitewater rafting trip down the mighty Menominee River. Prepare for the time of your life-jackets with the hospitality experts at Northwood's Adventures. Our world class guides provide raft trips through some of the most beautiful scenery in the upper Midwest. .
Saint Johns, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Professional Crew and a Great Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My nephew and I visited Northwoods for the Piers Gorge trip and have a fantastic time. Very knowledgeable and entertaining guides. Couldn't have done any better. We will definitely do this again when in Iron Mountain!

Visited August 2013

Manchester
19 attraction reviews
“Great trip, excellent value, lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Northwoods Adventures Piers Gourge Half-Day Lunch trip was excellent. Small group - only 5 in our raft - led by a trip leader with many years of experience. Top-notch safety equipment, adequate time spent on teamwork and safety training before hitting the rapids. Two passes through the rapids provided the opportunity to change seats in the raft. We were on a weekday in August, meaning we had the river to ourselves!

Lunch, included in the trip - was health and tasty wraps - hit the spot at the end of the trip.

After viewing the pictures and video, we purchased the CD. Excellent photography, Video taken from the helmet camera on the first pass through the rapids and from the front of the raft (looking back at us) on the second pass. Both very exciting videos.

Personal equipment provided by Northwoods Adventures was cleaned and sanitized on return from the trip.

We camped at the Summer Breeze campground, only about a mile from the Northwoods location and recommended by Northwoods. Nice campground as an alternative to free camping available at Northwoods in a primitive setting (no hookups). After seeing the Northwoods location, I would not hesitate to camp at the outpost as long as it would have met our needs for a place to park our trailer.

Visited August 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“$50 for a 5 min thrill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Drove up from down state (lower peninsula) for the Piers Gorge Sunset Cruise expecting 2 hours of thrill on the Menominee River.

Instead it seemed as though we spent a large amount of our time on the bus to get to the river and more time then needed was spent on paddle practice.

Overall our guide was very friendly and humorous and I felt as though we were in good hands. In closing, of the rapids we encountered only two provided any type of thrill. For this reason, I would not recommend this trip unless you live in the area because the 7 hour drive I made from down state certainly was not worth it.

PS) A previous review stated that their guide took them over the rapids twice. This doesn't mean the entire river. This only means the last rapid (most thrilling) which is at the end.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great time rafting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My kids and I went on the 3 hour trip down the Menominee River. We were all first-time rafters. I thought the price was reasonable, and the quality of guides and instruction were excellent. All of the guides were fun, respectful, appropriate with kids and adults alike. Very professional and knowledgeable. I will definitely go rafting again, and would feel comfortable going with this group. I'd have loved more and longer rapids, but I guess they can't control everything!

Vulcan, Michigan
“Fun trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Matt was a great guide and they do it right - fun time on the river
Very nice people with good equipment
Of course of raft was number one in the splash games.