“Great food, Great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Peru,IL
“Great food, Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I stopped on a Saturday evening and were seated right away, even though the parking lot was very full. We had a very nice young girl for our server, she was very helpful and friendly.I had the baked chicken and my husband had a blackened ribeye special served with sweet potato gnocchi that was fantastic!
The atmosphere is comfortable and friendly and yes, it's loud at times, it is called a roadhouse after all. We had quite a loud foursome next to us but we still enjoyed our dinner.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Chester, PA
“Great food...great prices...relaxed environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Great little roadside restaurant. Good Italian food...and the best bread I've ever eaten in my life. We ate here between 4 - 6 and enjoyed a considerable discount on the menu pricing plus 1/2 off pricing on our wine.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beulah, Michigan
“Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

SInce moving to "Up North" Michigan, "Gios", as it is known locally, has become our favorite restuarant. Food is always good! The music is Blues and the walls are covered with signed autographs of legendary Blues artists and vintage concert billboards.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Descanso, CA
“Gone way down hill.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I am unfortunately having to retract my prior 4 star review of this once-favorite eatery. I was shocked at the changes in everything from service to food quality on my recent trip to Interlochen.

I should have been forewarned when our group arrived and saw that the normally packed parking area was anything but. The service was absolutely horrible with a haggard-looking waitress who was verging on downright unfriendly and a long, long wait for both service and food (though the place was at least 75% empty). Our drinks were actually suspect - I'm certain the Maker's Mark was anything but and the 7 and coke was weak and watery. The wonderful bread and olive oil was missing, replaced by a bowl of cheap pretzels with a tiny plastic container of corn-syrupy honey mustard of some sort. The bread that arrived with the bland goat cheese and tomato sauce appetizer was spongy and flavorless. My favorite cheese ravioli with portabela had been replaced with manufactured ravioli and a mealy, flavorless sauce; the amazing sandwich rolls were gone and the pizza was just plain horrible.

I was actually hopeful that it was an "off night" and went BACK a week later with a friend to try again. It was an even more unpleasant experience. I then started asking around and was told that the place had indeed gone down hill. How sad.

Visited August 2011
Greenwich,CT
“Roadside grease pit with pick-up truck clientele.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Doughy greasy pizzas, heavy greasy sandwiches, pleasant waitresses but a rough hewn argumentative clientele that had us keeping an eye on the door.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere