“Good food - great northern Michigan decor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pizza, pasta, full bar, great Up North decor
Detroit, Michigan
“Good food - great northern Michigan decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner during our trip to Indian River. Very good Italian food with generous portion sizes. Their house wines were good. Service was very attentive and the prices were in-line with similar Italian restaurants. We'll be back on our next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlevoix, Michigan
“Pizza, pizza, pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Best pizza in a long time! Good quality ingredients. Didn't care for the atmosphere, could use some updating to say the least, but it's clear that they draw people there for the food, and especially the pizza! The salad was plain & watery dressing, breadsticks/garlic toast was a joke, but the entrees made up for it! You won't be disappointed!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visited because a local merchant recommended. The food was just ok. Not the greatest for Italian. First there is no beer on tap, only bottles that are over priced. Second there are no dishes on the menu made with white sauce--not good for those that don't like red sauce. The majority of dishes are served with spaghetti noodles--no linguine or angel hair or penne, etc. my husband had the lasagna. He said it was just good not great. Too much cheese and barely any meat. I ordered the caranaba made with spaghetti noodles. It was very dry so I asked for more sauce. I was brought a bowl of sauce with a handle. I poured it over my noodles to discover the sauce was ice cold which turned my entire meal cold. I was told the sauce was egg based and therefore could not be warmed. I cannot figure out why they wouldn't tell me before ruining my meal. Kit hen is slow and waitress was not attentive. We would not recommend the Italian dishes. The pizza that others ordered did look yummy though!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Go early or plan on lonng wait.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

this place gets very busy. Get there early!! It was only ok. I would not go back. I would try another place.

Visited August 2013
Michigan
“Good local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were staying at the Burt Lake State campground and by the time we set up camp on the first night, it was too late to start cooking. Instead we drove up to Vivio's for dinner. It was a half hour wait, but they have a small playground adjacent to the parking lot, so the children were able to keep occupied. This was much appreciated. Service was good, but the food was a bit slow coming out. We enjoyed our pizzas. I hardly agree it is the best pizza in Michigan as another reviewer stated, but it was good and we were happy with our dinner.

• Visited July 2013