“A Lucky find!” 5 of 5 stars

810-721-1019
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mulefoot Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Imlay City
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
“A Lucky find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had planned to have dinner at Lucky's Steakhouse, but the wait was over an hour. After consulting Trip Advisor we decided to go to the Mulefoot Gastro Pub for a drink while we waited. What a wonderful surprise, although we had a clue since their rating on Trip Advisor was very high. Starting with drinks at the bar, we quickly discovered our bartender was a chemical genius. He mixed some very tasty drinks for members of our party. He really knew his Michigan beers and even tapped a new keg of my son's favorite when the old one had run out. He told us that the majority of the food, beer and wine is local Michigan fare so we forgot about Lucky's and decided to see if the food was as good as the drinks. Well, hats off to the chef! The food was delicious! Great presentation and the important taste test passed with a solid A+. It was a "Lucky" find for us and we will be going back!

Owosso, Michigan, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

As restaurant owners ourselves we can be very critical. This place is awesome. From the hostess, to our incredibly informed waitress Allison, to the beautifully plated and delicious food brought to the table by the chef, everything was 5 star. I highly recommend for an excellent foodie experience!

Visited March 2014
Michigan
“NOT your every day dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

A friend of mine had recommended this place, and after reading all of the positive reviews on this, and on Mulefoot's own website, we decided to give it a try. My husband and I, along with another couple, made reservations the day before. (We went on the weekend and would highly recommend reservations!) The word "Gastropub" is a word coined in the United Kingdom, denoting a pub with higher end beer/liquor and food. (Not your typical "pub" food.) That is exactly what this place is. My husband is what I lovingly refer to as a "beer snob" and never seems content with the beer choices when we go out to the average restaurant. Let me just say he was VERY satisfied with the choices here! As for dinner, the menu is very specialized. It is only one page, but there is definitely something for everyone; including one pork and one fish "house special" that changes each day. I ordered the filet mignon and everyone else ordered the ribeye. Let me just say that all four of us commented that we've never had a better cut of beef nor had it cooked exactly the way it should be! (We all ordered it done "medium") I was so impressed with the main course, that I even ordered desert. (I NEVER do that!) As far as the service, we were very impressed. Very friendly and knowledgeable; really eager to answer any questions we had. The chef even accompanied the staff as they brought out our meal and explained the dishes...which by the way are prepared using local, natural items! The wine and drink prices were extremely reasonable. We were only half way done with dinner and already planning our next trip back! I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant/pub. So excited to have such a wonderful little gem in our own back yard!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lapeer, Michigan
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visited the Mulefoot during their soft opening in November. The food, drinks & service were outstanding. The decor is rustic & quaint. We had the scotch egg, Tasso ham hush puppies & poutin appetizers, all were great. For dinner I had the burger & fries, the burger was the perfect portion, it was a little over done for med-well, I'd go med next time, the fries are killer & the homemade ketchup was a nice accompaniment. My husband & friend had the pastrami, it's house made and was fork tender. Our other friend had the chicken & enjoyed it. We were too full for dessert, so we hope to get back soon and we can't wait to try some of the mixologists cocktails! Overall, great atmosphere & great food. We'll be back.

Imlay City, Michigan
“Uniquely Imlay City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

You can taste the passion the chefs and their team have for food. Locally hand-crafted and Michigan made! Dining at the Mulefoot Gastropub is truly a unique experience and lives up to the Mulefoot name. We have dined here four times since they have been open and have enjoyed each experience. The dry-aged beef was superb and cooked to perfection, the Mulefoot burger has to be the best burger I've ever eaten, and those hand-cut fries...I could have eaten a double portion, they were so good. I can't wait to go back next week and try something new!

• Visited January 2014