“Acceptable overnight stay for a great price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hudsonville

You added Travelodge Hudsonville to your Saves list
Travelodge Hudsonville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3005 Corporate Grove Drive, I-196 & 32nd Avenue, Exit 62, Hudsonville, MI 49426 (Formerly Super 8 Hudsonville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hudsonville
London, Canada
“Acceptable overnight stay for a great price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel was ideally situated for our overnight stop and the price was right, but the previous reviews made us wary. We arrived late, left early, check-in was efficient, room was clean, breakfast was more than adequate and started at 6 am which suited us perfectly. The hotel is close to the freeway but on a quiet side street so traffic noise is not a problem, but the rooms are not well insulated from hallway noise, so be sure to turn the fan on to provide "white noise" before you go to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the lawn, not the parking lot, for less noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Indian River, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The property shows a lack of maintenance. The pool area although open was filthy. There was mold every where. The pool area floor was dirty and it was tracked into the pool. The heating air system was very noisy and the unit was full of dust. The fan in the bathroom was unusable

Room Tip: The rooms are noisy, If you need quite to sleep, avoid this place.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
appleton wi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights . Room looked clean enough. Booked this on line they got that reservation right but called to change it a little and add my parents room and that was lost. We had to get a translator to get it figured out. We were told they had a working pool they did not - they did offer up a pool down the road- I would have to drive my teenage kids and stay the whole time with them - not the way I wanted to spend the night after the long drive. Our toilet plugged up went to the front desk - they handed me a plunger. My Dads jaw dropped - I did plunge and fix the toilet 3 more times in out two day stay. I would spend a little more next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Fransisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This appropriately secluded romantic hotspot is the perfect destination for the upcoming Valentines Day. This quaint destination might look unsettling from the outside but once in side, just wait to be blown back. The management team is topnotch and ready to make any special accommodations that you might need. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud and waking up to a fantastic view of the valley is breath taking. The only thing that could have made my trip more enjoyable is if they did my laundry!!! Seriously their towels were as soft as can be... I want to know what detergent they use. Overall I had a great experience and can not wait to go back. Thank you super 8 for an awesome weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I work with fire victims and I made a reservation for a family that lost their home. The family lost their home on a Friday and I set up the reservation for that very day. After I set up the reservation, the family called the hotel and cancelled the stay. They thought about it and felt more comfortable staying with family. They also said the hotel is not in the best condition and felt safer not staying there. When I called the hotel, the girl at the front desk gave me a cancellation number and said we were not charged. At the end of the month, we noticed we were charged. I called and the manager 'D' would avoid my calls and not help. After a month and a half of trying to get a refund, he said that he would not honor what the girl at the front desk told me and that since we made the reservation the day the family had the fire, we could not get a refund. D did not return one call (each time he said he called me back but I must not have gotten the voicemail). I think it's sad that due to the circumstances he could not help this family. If a worker states they are not charging, they should honor their word. Horrible experience and bad management.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We didnt expect much for $50 a night so I won't complain about the overall condition of the room; after all you get what you pay for. But, when we got charged $20 more than I SIGNED for, then it's a problem. I've been getting the run around from multiple employees about getting my money refunded and now they claim they can't see that I was overcharged? What a scam.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
New Baltimore, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I unfortunately stay at this property with checking on line reviews. While I did not expect a 4star resort for my $52 rate I did expect a clean , functioning room and the listed amenities. I have stayed at Super 8/Baymonts in the past but I do not think I can trust the brand in the future.
I was stuck with this room because I made a pre-paid online reservation and arrived after stated cancellation time. MY Experience on Aug 26, 2011: Was given room 235 entered to find heavy smells, dirty bathroom with no working light and broken fan hanging from ceiling, light outside of bath was filled with water & dead bugs. Requested different room , Clerk did not seem surprised or concerned by my description. Was given another room that was taken back because she "forgot " she was not to rent that one. Given room127. Observed no outside locks on exterior doors, Hallway reeked and was dimly lit because of all the broken lights Carpets stained beyond reasonable standards Room 127 was musty , half of the lights did not work, window lock was a board. Carpets dirty No fridge or microwave as advertised. Bathroom was dingy and filled with mildew. Linens were threadbare and dingy. Clerk did not have authority for refund. OTHER ISSUES Advertised WIFI did not work ~ Outside of property was filled with trash piles. LOUD mechanical noises all night. Needless to stay we stay the minimum amount of time to barely rest to continue drive. While we had checked for bedbugs & did not see obvious ones I did wake up with a few bites after laying on top sheet. We had removed spread& blankets. Pool was suspect, Spa broken, Needless to say we did not sample the breakfast served in the vestibule of office We got out of there as soon as we could safely drive.
. Again, I wasn't expecting much for the price but I was expecting more than a run-down ghetto motel I cannot believe Super 8 does not have any quality standards in place for their franchised properties. I will not trust this brand again and will always check reviews before booking on the road.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Hudsonville? Share your experiences!