The rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Free Breakfast- bagels, coffee, waffles, cereal. Make sure to request a lakeview room or you will be looking at the parking lot! I had been told that they would have a fire for us at night, but then when we arrived was told that we had to provide our own wood and do this ourselves. It was fun to sit at the fire with the family. Also, private beach is nice, but the only way to get to this is by going down by the elevator or stairs and through the hall to a sidedoor. In case of emergency, there should be a direct way from the parking lot to the beach. You can put your boat right at the dock which is really nice. Overall a good place for a big family get together.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Houghton Lake
- Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake
- Houghton Lake Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful sandy beach on Michigan's largest inland lake, featuring barbecue grills, picnic tables, fire pit, indoor pool and hot tub, free boat dock for your boat, or jet ski, free wi-fi, continental breakfast, 48 rooms with private balconies, 12 jacuzzi rooms to enjoy for your special occasion, family friendly, great for weddings, family reunions, golf outings, birthday parties, graduations, wedding packages available, group discounts. Centrally located close to the heart of bud bash and tip up town. Banquet facility located adjacent to the hotel to accommodate parties as large as 150 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.