“Nice Hotel Under Rennovation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Holland
Alpena Michigan
“Nice Hotel Under Rennovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is under renovation the room I had was completed very nice. The noise was a bit much but they stopped working around 8 started again around 7 I was there for work so it was okay. Desk staff very nice, helpful would stay again. Typically stay at Hilton chain but employer made reservation. Breakfast bar pretty good. Very clean comfortable customer service 5 stars.

Room Tip: maybe after the renovations are complete
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great stay for one night. Will be changing my "near Grand Rapids" hotel to this FFI.

Had a huge suite. Newly renovated.

Room smelled crisp and fresh. 2 large flat-screen tv's in the room.

One down side, FFI's seem to have "thin" walls and the a/c unit was VERY VERY quiet-even on high fan. This was the only thing holding the review back from a true 5.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room met my expectations, but remodeling is underway. No remodeling on the second floor, so it didn't really effect my stay. The entry, breakfast area and hallway on the first floor are all under construction. Breakfast is available in one of the first floor rooms. There's something unappealing about that. The price is right and the location is convenient. I'm sure when the remodeling is complete, the property will be a nice Farifield.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HollandFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments about the Holland Fairfield Inn. The remodeling for the lobby and breakfast room should be completed in late April 2013. All our guest rooms on the second and third floors have been completely redone with new beds, carpet, and furniture. During the remodeling we are striving to give our guests the best experience possible. In addition to the temporary breakfast rooms we also have an option for our guests to have breakfast in their rooms. We constantly try to improve our hotel and service and we are excited that the renovations are nearly completed. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you visit us when the remodeling is completed. Sincerely, Steven Miller General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week and he actually left his new shoes in the room. (What can I say?) When he called the hotel they were so helpful; found the shoes and mailed them to us. No hassle at all. Plus we had had a great stay. Even though there was some construction going on on the first floor, it didn't really affect us. They quit by 6 PM which was plenty early enough. And the cookies were very good, too. The redone rooms were very nice. We'll come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had an early morning meeting just up the road from Holland, and was going to be arriving rather late the night before. Reviews on this property were mixed, but I noticed the more recent ones mentioned major improvements from a renovation. That, combined with substantial savings (around $60 a night, so like 50+%) over the two places next door, made it an easy selection. Great choice. As of my stay - March 10th - the lobby and breakfast room were still under construction, but scheduled to be done within a few weeks.
The rooms were unbelievable. Think something like a Hyatt Place or Cambria Suites, but in a more standard sized rooms. Not only was everything brand new, but it was well thought out and completely functional, which is wonderful! Very sleek, modern, & inviting.
On top of all of that, the staff - both at 11:30pm and at 8:00am were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel that got the earlier negative reviews no longer exists at this location. Great job!!

**If you represent any chain of hotels, please go visit this location, and look at a standard King room. This is EXACTLY what I am looking for as a business traveler. Give me this room, at a reasonable price, and you will have me locked in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield on the first weekend of February, knowing it was being remodeled and the breakfast room was in a different place. We had a newly remodeled room, which was very nice. The staff was extremely attentive, providing us with freshly baked cookies, snacks to take to our room and answering all questions. Breakfast was very good, especially the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and extra topping for oatmeal. We did have a fuse blow on us during breakfast, but I think it was because breakfast was being served in an ordinary guest room during the remodeling. The only disappointment was that the pool was not open, and I did not recall seeing anything about that on the website. After a day of cross-country skiing, I was looking forward to that! I would certainly recommend this hotel, especially after the remodeling is finished. It is located very close to several eating and shopping establishments.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarklake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at this Fairfield tuesday december 11, Staff were genuinely helpful with dinner and shopping recommendations and directions, I felt like they really meant it, to help me in any way to make my stay comfortable. They told me 3 times they were under renovation and how that would affect my stay, which was not at all. The breakfast was great and I always enjoy a morning swim.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Holland? Share your experiences!