We arrived early and checked right in. Matt, the front desk clerk was very nice and helpful...he assisted us with directions, a good pizza place, getting more pool towels, etc...and all with a smile. Thanks Matt - friendliness goes a long way.
We were in Holland to visit the Aquatic Center for the day/night. Aquatic Center is a must visit...$4.50 for nonresident all day. It was a bit crowded for Spring Break, but the kids had a blast for hours and slept like babies that night. : )
We were looking for a cheap room (paid $72.00). but with a convenient location. I'll be honest, I book most my hotels based on Trip Advisor reviews and so far, (knock on wood), I have not been led astray! Thank you to all who leave honest reviews!
Room: Good sized. We had a king bed and a sofabed...plently of pillows and blankets and the beds were comfortable. Bath was stocked with plently of towels, some even shaped into flowers.... and was clean! Hotel has seen some wear and was nothing special, but was clean! The heat was a bit goofy...couldn't get it set to a good comfortable temp...either too cold or too hot.
Pool: Small pool, but heated to a very comfortable temp. Shower to rinse off is located in the pool area...bathrooms are also conveniently located near by. No hot tub. We were the only people in the pool at night, which was nice...but could see it getting crowded quickly due to its small size. Open at 6am and closes at 10pm.
Cont, B-fast: We slept in until almost 10am, so we missed the free breaskfast! Looked nice on the website. : )
MISC: Free coffee offered all day in the lobby...which also had a comfy couch and a fireplace going all day/night. Also, bookshelves stocked with books for the reading and a central computer for free use.
Location: Kind of hidden behind a Brann's..so keep an eye out. Movie theater, lazer tag and mall all within site of the hotel. Lots of eating places...a Walmart....overall, great location.
Cons: The only con for me was no fridge in the room...They charge $10 to rent a fridge. Although most rooms do have them, ours didn't. Microwave in the lobby was available for use.
I would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% non smoking facility.Experience the Comfort of the Country Inn by Carlson Holland, MI. Whether your trip is packed with business or filled with fun, our hotel in Holland, Michigan is a comfortable place to relax at the end of the day. The Country Inn by Carlson Holland offers a versatile array of personal comforts and professional conveniences to help ensure a stress-free vacation, such as free high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast. In addition, this premier hotel's location is near the sparkling waters of Lake Michigan and other attractions such as Neli's Dutch Village, Windmill Island and Veldheer's Tulip Garden. There is something for everyone staying at this hotel in Holland, Michigan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn By Carlson, Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn By Carlson, Holland Hotel Holland
- Country Inn Holland
- Holland Country Inn
- Country Hotel By Carlson Holland