“Spent three nights there in late September” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Fishers, Indiana
“Spent three nights there in late September”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Country Inn and Suites is very pretty on the outside and well maintained. The rooms are also clean and attractive. The beds were very comfortable. It is near a mall north of Holland's downtown area, but has plenty of trees and grassy areas surrounding it. It was also very quiet.
We did not need help from the front desk personnel so can't comment on that. They are dog friendly which our two Scottish terriers loved! There are several restaurants within a mile or so
and it is about a five mile drive to Holland State Park Dunes as well as the downtown area. Checkout was also efficient. We felt the breakfast was basic but adequate. There is no elevator to the second floor rooms. Thre is a small indoor pool which seemed to be used a lot. We paid around $300 for three nights-no complaints.

Room Tip: The end rooms may be quieter and have a nice view of the woods.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lisa C, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Holland, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Country Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will come back to see again in the future!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The front desk clerk had a negative tone & struggled to get us checked in, which put an immediate damper on our stay. We booked the king jacuzzi suite which was cramped & had no place to set your luggage except the floor. I kept running into the ottoman when going around the bed. & I'm a smaller person. The room needed maintenance & updates. The only plus was the tub was roomy & powerful, which was an extra plus when we learned the pool was closed. The breakfast was very basic - only cereal, toast & fruit. We stayed at another Country Inn just 3 nights ago that had eggs, sausage gravy, etc so we were expecting the same here. Will be looking elsewhere when we return to Holland.

• Stayed September 2012
Lisa C, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Holland, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Country Inn. We are getting ready to start a major renovation within the hotel starting in the guest rooms and hallways. Then onto expanding breakfast and added a hot breakfast to put us with the rest of the Country Inn's. I do hope that next year when the renovation is finished you would give us a second chance to show you what we really have to offer.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks charming when you pull up to it and I liked that it was situated in a quiet area away from traffic, but I feel that it is over priced for a hotel of its caliber. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were as clean as they could be for their age, so this place is fine for someone who passing through for the night. The breakfast was fine and there was an attendant there the whole time. We were disappointed because the indoor pool was empty and there was an odor coming from the restrooms across from the breakfast room. Upon checking in the guest should be notified that these things were not addressed, so we probably will not be a repeat guest.

Stayed September 2012
Lisa C, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Holland, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Country Inn. I want to let you know that I am working to resolve the issues you mentioned. Also with the renovation coming soon, I do hope that you will give us a second chance to show you what we really have to offer.
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at the inn over the Labor Day weekend and I found the staff friendly and helpful and the jacuzzi and bathrooms were clean. However, the carpet was frayed and dirty. The room smelled like dogs and a smoker had stayed in it for quite some time. I requested and was given another room but that one was worse than the first, so I opted to take the first room.

The inn has only two floors but it has no elevator so if a guest is handicapped it could be a problem.

The front desk said the place is scheduled for renovation and by the looks of things it is very much needed and long overdue. The price for two nights was over $300.00 which, needless to say, I think was overpriced. I wanted a small refrigerator and they said it would cost $10.00 per night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Holland, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Country Inn. As you were told we are getting ready to under go a major renovation starting mid October. The end product is going to be amazing for all our guests and I hope that in the future you will give us another chance to show you what we really have to offer!
Royal Oak, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The reviews of this hotel were not so good. I stayed here last Saturday night of the Labor day weekend. I was pleasantly surprised that the wallpaper wasn't falling off the wall, the room wasn't crazy noisy from the neighbors, and the staff wasn't surly. Instead I found the room clean, beds very comfortable, yes the decor was a bit dated, but pleasant. There were cookies and coffee waiting for us in the lobby when we arrived. Quick efficient service at the front desk. Breakfast in the morning didn't have an omlette station, but I didn't expect one, it did have plenty of healthy choices, and was a great way to start the day. My only complaint if any was that the location is difficult to find the first time. It's not well marked. But once we found it, it was easy to get back to it again. I doubt this is their fault, it was poor planning by the city I would guess. One other pleasant point, most of the hotels I checked were either booked for the holiday weekend, or required a 2 day minimum, they happened to have a room for us at the last minute, and one night was allowed. On leaving I presented a AAA card that I had forgotten to let them know I had, they had some difficulty with their system getting me the discount as the room had already been charged, but they did everything possible to make it happen, and did give the discount on the already reasonable rate for the holiday weekend. So my advice is it's not the Waldorf Astoria, but it's pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Country Inn. I am so happy that you enjoy your stay with us and appreciate you sharing that on this site. I hope that in the future you choose to revisit us again. Have a great day!!
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

this hotel is very home like. As soon as you walk in they have a fire place going, hot coffee, and fresh cookies. The staff was 5 STAR! The rooms are nice and cozzy. They arent the newest but still very nice. The Manager there was very kind. She told me they were getting ready to start a renovating this mouth. I look forword to seeing the new look of this Hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor are a little nicer then the first floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of the Country Inn. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff took care of you. Yes, we are getting ready to go through a renovation starting October. I am so excited for our guests because the end result is going to be amazing! I look forward to seeing you again in the future!!
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Outdated. Everything is old at this place. Defenitely on the low end of the quality scale for a Country Inn. It sits next to what is mostly a vacant outlet mall property and based on the exterior, the hotel could have been mistaken for vacant as well. Despite the overall "old" smell of the place, the bathrooms and the sheets were clean. Pool was clean but they squezzed it in a tiny space and it was so hot in there you couldnt sit. Breakfast was average for the free continental, although they did not have the fresh waffle maker that Country Inns almost always have. Would stay again, but only if I got a good price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lisa C, General Manager at Country Inn By Carlson, Holland, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at the Country Inn. I wanted to let you know that in mid October we are getting ready to under go a major renovation starting in the guest rooms and hallways and expanding the breakfast area to include a hot breakfast. When the renovation is finished it is going to be the best hotel in Holland. I do hope that you will come see us when it is done and let us show you what we really have to offer!!

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Holland? Share your experiences!