“Long Lines, Terrible Customer Service, Bad Coffee” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Holland
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Cedar Lake, Indiana, United States
“Long Lines, Terrible Customer Service, Bad Coffee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW

I visited JP's on Saturday May 2, 2015 at approximately 10:30am. I got in line and waited about 5 minutes to order a large (20oz) Caramel Latte. I had my laptop on my shoulder because I needed to get some work done. I paid for my coffee, and proceeded to wait at the coffee bar for 30 minutes for the barista to make my coffee.

As I was waiting, I scoped out a place to sit, and noticed on one of the napkin holders that there were instructions for connecting to the WiFi. Upon a close reading, I learned that you need to have a code to get on the internet available from the cashier. I went back up to get my code (all the while waiting for my coffee), and was given a code for 120 minutes of connection. So, for a "purchase" you get 120 minutes of internet time. What is this? Communist Russia?!?! It's broadband internet!

When I finally did get my coffee, it didn't even taste like there was espresso in it. It literally tasted like caramel and warm milk.

Save yourself some frustration and just go to Starbucks. They know how to make a caramel latte in less than 30 minutes and have FREE high speed internet that isn't limited to time.

• Visited May 2015
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Way to Cap off and Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

As we were preparing to head back to our bed and breakfast accommodations, my wife had a taste for a decaf coffee and this place hit the spot.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“BEST COFFEE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

You can't find a coffee house that takes better care in creating a delicious espresso drink. This is not Starbucks where you get your drink is seconds and the espresso is run unchecked. This coffee house trains their staff to time each espresso run, paying careful attention to the quality of the brew as it runs. If your a regular coffee fan, they also offer a excellent variety of mild to dark roasts each day.

Visited January 2015
Holland, Ohio
“A Holland Fixture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

JP's, a downtown Holland fixture, is a great place with great coffee and a always friendly staff. There is a limited selection of muffins, bagels, cookies, etc., but they also serve some soups if you are looking for a quick lunch. Nice atmosphere to relax and visit, although there are a lot of local college students that hang out and study while school is in session , making it difficult to find a place to sit at times.
There has been a recent change of ownership. No apparent changes except I think they are watering down the coffee (especially the dark roast) as it is not as robust as it used to be.

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

Comfortable shop with very good blueberry muffins. Coffee was as good as I have had anywhere. It was walking distance from Teerman's Lofts.

Visited December 2014