“I stay here every month...” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Holland
Lansing, Michigan
“I stay here every month...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay here at least once a month due to work. My first visit in August 2014 was a little disappointing. The hotel was going through a refurbishment and you could tell. The rooms were a little rough at that time. However, now that is finished, I would recommend this hotel. The rooms are clean and functional. The pool is well maintained. I don't eat breakfast so I cannot speak to that. The front desk is always nice upon check in and with any issues that may arise. The only issue I have on this visit is that the heat was shut off in my room and it took a little bit to get it to a comfortable temperature.

Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stay away from home. Staff very friendly. Hotel was the cleanest I ever stayed. Plus ,swimming pool open 24 hours. Really though, room was very clean. Another plus is Bwws across the road. Very good atmosphere for a sports bar.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A hockey and swim meet were scheduled in town the weekend we stayed at the hotel but it was still quiet and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning satisfied our teenage grandson and his dieting grandparents. We found only 2 minor problems. We stayed on the second floor so we had some noises in the middle of the night from the guests in the room above us. I would recommend a room on the 3rd floor. Also, there always seems to be cars parked in the drive in front of the hotel even though there is no one in the lobby. These should be towed away unless the owners can be found.

Room Tip: Request a third floor room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

LONG REVIEW! - We stayed for 2 nights. We asked if they allowed pets. They said they allowed pets. We decided not to bring our pet the 1st night, but ended up bringing our blind 8 wk. old kitty for the 2nd night. We were aware of a $25 fee. We checked in around 8:30 PM on 10/12/14. Our FD clerk Drew was very nice. The night mgr was somewhat helpful too.

The room was spacious & we were pleased with it. We saw that there was a spare lamp on the floor in a corner. We went to the pool area & couldn't find towels. There were none there. Went to the FD to tell them about the towels & the lamp. They said they'll remove the lamp & gave us towels.n the pool area, My wife used the shower in the pool restroom & said there was NO toilet paper. We didn't think anything of it. We tested the temp of the pool & it was cold! The hot tub was wonderful!

Before we went to bed, I saw that one of the pillow cases had a stain or something on it. We didn't let the FD know until the next day (10/13/14) when we went down for breakfast. We told the FD about the dirty pillow & they said they'd send HK up. My wife wanted OJ & what came out was apple juice. There were 2 apple juice ports & no OJ. We were going to have cereal, but there was NO milk! So we decided on the waffles, eggs & sausage. The eggs seemed like they were powdered eggs made into little flat circles & the sausage was barely edible. We went back to the room & I waked in the bathroom w/my shoes on. I left a shoe print in there & didn't now about it til my wife said something. We didn't clean it up because HK would do it.

We came back w/our blind kitten. The FD clerk said they had NO problem with the blind kitten & that there's a $25 fee & we were fine w/this. We got our pet settled & went to the pool. Again, there were NO towels in there & had to ask for them at the FD. I entered the pool restroom, there was NO toilet paper yet! We went back to the FD AGAIN to ask for TP! The FD clerk had to go upstairs to get a roll. The pool was MUCH warmer than the previous night. We were pleased w/the temps of the pool & hot tub! We went back to the room & looked at the pillows, they were clean. However, HK never cleaned up the bathroom floor.

We awoke this morning. I decided to check more in depth the cleanliness of the room. I did the finger test across the top of the TV, lamp stands & pictures. All items had a layer of dust on them! My wife is an asthmatic & I don't think a place should have THAT much dust in a room! The rooms SHOULD be cleaned thoroughly! We went to eat breakfast & yet again, there was NO milk, but the OJ was there! When we made our waffles, I saw the bin under the waffle maker hadn't been cleaned since yesterday. The tables hadn't been wiped either. Just a very disorganized & poorly maintained area. We went to the FD to talk w/the clerk. We told him about the issues in the room, he said he wanted to see this first hand. We went to the room to get ready to leave. He came up & inspected the issues that we had w/the room. He said he would need to speak w/his General Manager who wasn't on the premisses at that time (10:30 AM).

We got ready to leave & packed our car first. We took our blind kitten w/us to the FD to checkout & also to see what the GM's answer would be. The FD clerk said he hadn't spoken with the GM yet. He also indicated the GM wouldn't be in til 12 PM or 1 PM. The FD clerk said he couldn't do anything for us & that the GM would be the one to do this. We said we'd await the call from the GM. We waited til 12:50 PM & decided to call the GM. I told him the issues. He said he wouldn't be able to make the decision on his own & would have to call corporate. He said he'd hear back from them within 2 hrs. I ended up calling back at 3:12 PM. The GM said I should hear something by 6 PM. I decided to call the corporate complaint line myself. I informed them of all the issues. The agent said that the GM could make the decisions himself & didn't need to call corporate. She created a file# for the call. I called the GM at 4:18 PM to tell him what I found out. He came right out & said he wouldn't do anything to resolve the issue. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: Told they accept "PETS" to find out they are discriminating against cats. They're pet...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bismarck, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

Very friendly and professional staff, quick check in and check out, rooms roomy and nice, beds are comfortable. Clean hotel and will stay there again. Nice pool and hot tub. They offer a nice breakfast. Location is surrounded by nice restaurants and shopping area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

Prior to our late arrival, Best Western called to check on our arrival. When we arrived, man at desk was friendly and very welcoming and apologized for our short wait to check in. We found a clean, comfortable room. Pool area was also clean and warm. When we inquired about a Mexican restaurant in the area, the same man provided an excellent recommendation, which turned out to be one of the best meals we have enjoyed. We plan on returning to the area in November and will most definitely return to this hotel. Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Union Mills, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

Everything was great. The staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. The pool and hot tub were open 24 hours which was nice. A lot of good restaurants right by the hotel. We were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!