“Great find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2888 West Shore Drive, Holland, MI 49424 (Formerly Holland Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Naperville, Illinois
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the end of August 2012, as we planned a weekend trip to Saugatuck. We booked our stay here after reading tripadvisor reviews, and the hotel definitely met our expectations. We knew we were at the right place when we saw the bears climbing up the hotel. Yes, a bit unusual, but I must say, the bears on the side of the hotel have a quirkiness that I just came to love. I mean, come on, how many hotels can you walk up to that just bring a smile to your face. We almost wanted a bear outside our window for better pictures, and if you look closely, a raccoon? meets you up front.

Although the heart of downtown Saugatuck was only about 15 minutes away, for the price, we couldn't complain. Room charges were $139 plus Michigan and Holland city taxes bringing the price to about $155/night (Much better than downtown Saugatuck).

The people at the front desk were pleasant to deal with and very informative. We had a nice size room that was nice and clean, and had a mini-fridge and microwave.

The continental breakfast was just okay, as others mentioned. But nothing to complain about, it was free.

We would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This property was apparently a Best Western at one point, though you really couldn't tell. The hotel was clean, with a fridge and microwave in the room. The pool and workout facilities looked good, though I didn't get a chance to use either. Many restaurants and shops in the area. The decor was a bit too woodsy and whimsical for me (the carved wooden bears "climbing" the front balconies for example) but really, it wasn't objectionable.

I'd stay here again if in the area, although the racism comment by one reviewer is disturbing. There are three other hotels very close by if you feel there is a threat of racism ruining your trip at this establishment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love this place! If your ever in Holland Michigan and your looking for a great value!! The Holland Inn and Suites is the place to go. The rooms are Large and clean.... bath tubs have jacuzzi.. The staff is helpful and friendly. I stay here every time I am in Holland.

Bear Lake, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were just driving through Michigan and got tired. We knew nothing about this hotel. We stopped late at night. Got a great rate on our room. One of the cleanest hotels I have seen. Room very good size, had fridge and microwave. Had a nice pool (we did not use). Wifi did not work in our room, but it was late so I did not ask for help. Beds firm, but really clean. They offered a simple breakfast, can't complain since it was free, but I have seem more offerings at other place. Nice location we could walk to have dinner. Overall very happy and surprised since I did not research before our stay.

Room Tip: We had a first floor king very nice had two door, one to interior of hotel and one to parking lot...
Odon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holland Inn and Suites in October of 2012. Its location is very easy to find located just off the highway. When we checked in the hotel staff was friendly and check in was fast and simple. I do wish the attendant would have gone over with us the times of breakfast, pool use, fitness center use and what the wifi password was to the supplied internet at the hotel. Nonetheless checkin was a breeze and our room had both and outside entrance and an inner entrance which was nice. Entering the room we noticed it smelled clean and was arranged and well kept. No issues with being dirty or any type of trash or debris left over from prior residents. My wife went to use the jacuzzi tub that was in our room and the drain wasn't working properly so I notified the front desk and they said maintenance could fix it but they weren't sure when or they would upgrade us to a business suite at no cost. We took the suite option and moved our stuff upstairs. Once again the room smelled clean, looked and appeared clean and was nicely arranged and organized. We frequented the pool and hot tub next that was downstairs. The pool and hot tub area were clean and free of clutter and debris and was a very nice place to relax. The hot tub was hot and the pool was cool, a great combination!!! I only really have one negative about this hotel and that is the breakfast is really quite simple and short on options. In fact the second morning when we got up my wife and I decided to skip the continental breakfast and go out somewhere else. Overall the hotel was quite and peaceful and well kept. Would reccomend to anyone, but be warned there breakfast is lacking.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The price was right and rooms clean and front desk people very helpful.
The "cabin" decor and wooden bears on the walls a little cheesy .... but would stay here again.
Appreciate that the windows open for fresh air and the location was close to many things in Holland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I arrived at 1pm on Saturday and even though it was early we were able to check in. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and took care of all of our needs. The Hotel has a log cabin outdoor feel and I loved it. Our room was perfect. It was clean, inviting and a very good size. I really liked that when we walked in it even smelled clean. Not something you get with every Hotel room. We had a king bed, free mini fridge and microwave. There was a large indoor pool that we did not take advantage of, but maybe next time. I will definitely stay here again.

Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple