“The definition of an independent coffee house” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 194 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Weehawken, New Jersey
“The definition of an independent coffee house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was in Holland for a business meeting and had some free time. I actually ended up going to Lemonjello’s thanks to TripAdvisor. I am, of course, adding another 5 star review, because this place does earn the #1 rating.

Pros:
1. This is the definition of an independent coffee house. The flavors are unique along with the look of the shop. Try one of the mood lattes. The coffee is great and the flavor is perfectly added.
2. The baristas are pretty much the complete opposite of the stereotypical snooty coffee house baristas. I had clearly not been to Lemonjellos before and instead of looks of frustration one of them explained the menu to me and gave me plenty of advice.
3. They do that picture thing with the cream in the coffee. Mine looked like a maple leaf. This is the first time I’ve seen this in person and it was neat.
4. The prices are proper for the product.

Overall, I definitely recommend this place. If you are in the mood of an original coffeehouse, this is the place to go!

• Visited September 2013

Ann Arbor
“Good Coffee, nice service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Seems to be a local college hangout, but we managed to get a table. Quiet for a coffee house. I just got a regular coffee, but it was good, and my gf got something a little more elaborate.

• Visited November 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Good coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped here to get my evening caffeine fix. I just wanted a plain black coffee - the employee at the register explained a little about the different coffees and helped me find what I wanted. It was very good coffee! Nice laid back atmosphere inside a lot of college students hanging out.

• Visited August 2013
Bartlett, Illinois
“Good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Coffee from brew bar (Miravelle from El Salvador) was excellent without sugar. Atmosphere is pretty cool with nice outdoor eating place. Parking was very difficult on a Friday, summer midday, and with kids, that matters. We found a spot a few blocks away, but for some people that may not work.

Our server was a bit prideful when answering my wife's question about roasts (we didn't say anything but she used to manage a Starbucks)... Not a huge deal, but detracted from the experience just a bit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Green army guy, anyone?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great selections of coffee and tea (mood latte is my favorite), as well as specialty drinks (Jones soda, green army guy concoction, etc). Lots of tasty treats as well. But why I keep returning here is the vibe of all things awesome. This is the place to bring your Mac and headphones, or just read a book and sip coffee from your yellow LJs mug. Love this place.

Visited October 2012