“Even the Manager was Too Busy to Help” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 176 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American
Macatawa, Michigan, United States
“Even the Manager was Too Busy to Help”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I have been loyal take-out customers for well over two years. Up until today it has our Tuesday & Friday night spot for dinner. Placed our order & went to pick it up as usual. Told hostess my name and order was brought up. And then the wait began....customers leaving were checked out while I waited and my dinner order was siting there getting cold. Finally, after waiting 15 minutes while others kept coming up and helped before me, I told the hostess to cancel my order. She replied, "I have it right here."

So I went to my car and called and asked to speak to the manager. The hostess knew it was me and I told her to tell the manager I was a long time customer and needed to talk with him. She came back on the line and said, "I'm sorry but he is too busy right now."WHAT?!?!? THE MANAGER IS TOO BUSY TO TALK TO A CUSTOMER?!?? I left my name & number. Twenty minutes later I called back and was told, "THE MANAGER IS TOO BUSY TO TALK TO YOU."

My conservative estimate is that I have spent $3,600 in the last two years. I wonder what you have to spend there to gt a return call from the manager. Guess it doesn't matter what I've spent because APPARENTLY THEY DON'T VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS! Oh, and it's been over an hour and I'm still waiting for a call from the manager.

• Visited July 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

A great spot near Lake Mi and Lake Macatawa. Every time we go, the food is very good, wait staff is excellent, always an enjoyable experience. Prices are very reasonable also. Good assortment of beers and wines. My wife and I both enjoyed their wet burrito, which we have had before--very good, brought 1/2 home for another day!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Good family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very good for breakfasts and lunch. Almost like homecooked food in some ways. My husband loves their perch!

Visited August 2012
Holland, Michigan
“Good local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a restaurant near our home and we visit it often. It has a good menu and friendly service. I like the potato and meat casseroles.

Visited March 2013
Holland, Michigan
“Thought It Would be Good Again But It Was Not De Ja Vu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had the Wednesday night Whitefish special a few weeks ago so thought we would repeat the experience. The first time was friendly service, hot food, nice atmosphere. But tonight it went all wrong. When we sat down and the server Dar came over it seemed we were an inconvenience. We wanted to order since we knew what we wanted but it threw her for a loop that we could not order our beverages (water and one coffee) and wait for those to arrive before we order the entree. She brought our beverages and proceeded to lean over and put a straw in each of our waters - the straw was unwrapped and she handled them by the top of the straws. That was a real turnoff right there. I quickly pulled the straws out and then we waited for her to come back so we could order our meal. We asked for the Whitefish Wednesday night Special - I wanted to make sure we were ordering that and not the Lite Bite Whitefish which was NOT a special but is available as well as shown on the sticky little cards that are on a holder on the table. Dar pulled out a sheet of paper from her pocket to know if the Whitefish was on special tonight and then figured out what we wanted. We ordered salads as our only side and that comes with rolls. We did not have a chance to even eat ONE BITE of our salads before our whitefish arrived on a large unheated dinner plate. The whitefish was not hot and we were forced to eat the fish first and then eat our salad. Our server came by to see how things were but did not seem really interested in our answers. We had hoped to have another good time @ The Parkway. But it was not to be so.

• Visited March 2013