“Very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I and my daughter and 3 grandchildren stayed at this RI for 5 days last week and had a wonderful time. The general manager, Andrea was very helpful in setting up a rather complicated reservation. The people at the front desk were very helpful and always friendly......even finding a plastic dinosaur that my grandson lost. The pool is open from 6 in the morning until late in the evening. Very nice. The pool and hot tub are both very handicap accessible. Although the hotel is not located in the downtown area, it is very close to the I 196 exit with easy off and on. And a back road gets you to restaurants and grocery stores very easily. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello!
Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Holland!
My entire team and I enjoyed having you and the grandkids here and love that you were able to enjoy so much of the hotel! It's always nice to know we are doing what we are supposed to be doing...meeting and exceeding your expectations! Thank you.

We do hope to see you again!
Andrea Kaminsky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel is located just a short distance from I-196 exit; and only about 10 minutes from downtown Holland. The hotel itself sits by itself with no restaurants or other entertainment within walking distance so a car is needed.

Staff was friendly and helpful at check-in and courteous and prompt in responding to minor room maintenance issue; they were at the room in less than 10 minutes.

The room I had was a 1-bedroom suite. The living area contained a work desk, sitting chair, good sized couch sectional, dining table with two chairs and a flat-screen TV. Note that the hotel has Direct TV and there was an abundance of channels to choose from. Kitchen area (part of the living area) had refrigerator, stove, coffee pot, microwave and the pantries were well-stocked with all the housewares that one needs to prepare a meal.

Separate bedroom contained King Bed (a bit firm but not uncomfortable) and flat-screen TV. Sink area was outside of the bathroom; bathroom contained shower/tub combo. Room was quiet and allowed for a good night’s sleep.

Room was clean as were the cups, plates and flatware and property well kept.

Free breakfast served in the morning: Oatmeal, scrambled eggs, yogurts, cereals, and more. Breakfast area was clean and well-maintained; good news to in that the area was large and had sufficient tables so it did not feel crowded.

If it Holland again, I would definitely stay at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for all your positive remarks about the hotel and staff! We take great pride in the services we provide as well as the hotel itself.
We definitely look forward to seeing you again when in Holland!

Allen Park, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have personally ever stayed in. Everything from the room, to the politeness of the staff members, and everything in between is tops! We rented the 2 bedroom suite and it was more than we anticipated. There were 2 separate rooms, each including its own TV, bathroom, and queen sized bed. One of the rooms also had a desk in it. Along with the 2 bedrooms, we also had a living room with a fireplace, dining room table, and yet another TV...and even a DVR (i have never even heard of a hotel having this in the rooms) There was also a full kitchen with a full upright fridge, a full sized stove, an over the range microwave (not a little dinky one that most hotels offer) and a dishwasher.

As for the hotel itself, this is also the first hotel i have been to that not only serves a free breakfast (which is a make-it-or-break-it for this family...no breakfast means we aren't staying) but they also serve a free meal in the evenings as well. The swimming pool and hot tub both have chairs that will lift handicapped guests in and out of the pool (which i also have never seen at a hotel before) The weight room is open 24 hours, and there is even a little market for some quick needs. Also the staff members are among the most friendliest people I have met. All of them seem ready to bend over backwards to make sure that your stay is enjoyable, and that can make or break a trip for some people.

The business area has the option of either a PC or an iMac to use and is fully equipped with a printer.

Now for the 2 things that i found wrong.
1. The room was a tad bit pricy compared to what I have gotten in the past. I have been in a hotel room before that had more beds in it and still had the 2 bedrooms, kitchen and living room. Our AAA discount scored us the room for $170 per night. At the same time though, this was a spring break trip and we just wanted something nice.
2. The location is conveniently off the freeway, but thats is. Shops and other things are almost 10 minutes away. This place is on top of a hill in the middle of this big open field. There is nothing within walking distance which is something I'm just not used to.

Other than that though I am thoroughly pleased with this hotel and this would be my first choice in hotel the next time I visit Holland. I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hello Michael!

It was a pleasure having you and your family here last week! My staff and I did enjoy chatting with all of you!
I greatly appreciate all the positive comments you shared about the hotel and the staff. We take great pride in the product we offer as well as the service we deliver!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Holland!

Saugatuck, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stay frequently due to business travel.

Love the, helpful friendly staff hot tub, breakfast, evening meals and clean rooms.

Everything is great except the lights that are poorly placed outside of several bedroom windows!!!

Room Tip: Suites are the best with separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Jill!

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Residence Inn Holland! We love our frequent guests so much, you help make us who we are! It's always nice to hear from our regulars that are able to take advantage of all that we offer!
Please the next time you are here, let us help you select a better room so that the lights do not affect you!

Until next time!

Wyoming, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The room was very clean, the people were friendly. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the hotel the location was OK. Big room with a full kitchen and living room with a fireplace. I will surely stay again if in the area. Breakfast was great too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review!
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and found it to be above your expectations! My staff and I work very hard to make each stay worth while for our guests! We don't always hear the good, so thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience here at the Residence Inn Holland!
I do hope you will stay with us again when you return to Holland!

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Friendly staff. Nice room. Great breakfast. They also had an adequate exercise room and a very nice pool and hot tub area. Only problem was very loud kids running up and down the halls yelling until about midnight. The staff didn't seem to care. As well, the pool/hot tub area was occupied by screaming kids the whole weekend. These kids had beach balls, snorkels, and flippers. It was a playground the whole weekend and my spouse and I didn't even get a chance to use the hottub for 15 minutes. Granted, it was a Saturday night, but there were groups of kids in there the entire weekend - all Saturday afternoon and evening as well as all of Sunday morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Holland! We appreciate all feedback, positive comments as well as areas of opportunity for us!
I do appreciate you noting how nice the rooms, breakfast and staff were during your stay! We try very hard to exceed expectations! Unfortunately it sounds like you were not able to completely enjoy yourselves as there were many children in the pool area. This time of year an indoor pool is a gold mine for children! We do our best to keep things under control, but at times, children can be rowdy. I do apologize that this negatively affected your experience here. I hope that when your travels bring you back to the Holland area, you will allow us another opportunity to deliver the service you expect!

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Spent one night here driving home from Milwaukee. Stayed here based on general reputation and experience from staying at other Residence Inns. No regrets. Hotel was easy to find and had plenty of free parking. Arrived too late for evening free food but breakfast was very good much like the numerous other Residence Inns I have stayed at. King bed suite was more than large enough for just one person. Room was well appointed and clean. Having a kitchen allowed me to cook up a quick meal afterhours. Quality mattress provided restful sleep but a thicker and higher quality comforter would have been preferred. Room heater worked well. Free internet provided ample speed to surf the net. Overall, a quality hotel consistent with the Residence Inn brand. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
Andrea K, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hello and thank you very much for your positive comments!
It is wonderful to hear that you are a loyal Residence Inn guest as well as how we are performing in comparison to others! We focus on each guest, each stay while remaining competitive with the Residence Inn brand!

Thank you again for taking your time to write this review! And we do hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Holland!

Sincerenly,
Andrea Kaminsky

Been to Residence Inn Holland? Share your experiences!