“Our home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Holland
Detroit, Michigan
“Our home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We made a point to get away as much as we could over the summer, so we booked a room at the Holland Residence Inn for various weekends throughout the summer. We really love this hotel. The rooms are great for our needs. They have a small patio area with a nice grill that we took advantage of on most of our stays. The pool was clean and the water temp was perfect.
On one of our stays, we checked out and headed downtown Holland to shop around. I realized that I did not have my rings on and started to panic. My husband handed me his phone to call the hotel AND before I could dial the number......they were calling us to let me know that they had my rings at the front counter!!!!
We drove back to the hotel to get my rings (wedding ring and 2 others) - I want to say THANK YOU again to the honest hard working staff. I believe the housekeeper was "cookie" - THANK YOU!!!!! You all have always went out of your way to make us feel welcome. We truly appreciate the wonderful staff at the Holland Residence Inn!
See ya next summer.
The Mills Family

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chris B, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Mills Family,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind words on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and we will miss you this winter. You have become part of the family this summer and we look forward to seeing you next summer. The west coast is a great place for a getaway during the winter months, so if you need to take a break, come check us out!

I'm glad we found your rings prior to you departing Holland and we could get them back to you! I'll make sure I pass on your kind words to Cookie and to the staff! Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn Holland!

Chris Blondin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I wanted to go for a weekend trip to Michigan and after searching for a last minute hotel on short notice, I choose this one. Based on the photos only (with no time to read reviews) and the fact they had rooms left, I took a chance. We were pleasantly suprised. Room was very nicely decorated and roomy. The hallways smelled like a model home (meaning they must have put in new carpeting). The hole place looked like an apartment complex instead of your typical hotel. Staff was wonderful. When we needed a suggestion for dinner, the man at the front desk helped us greatly. Breakfast was OK, but if you don't go down early, they run out of things fast. Only complaints came from my husband. He couldn't sleep in the bed (said it was uncomfortable for him) and he said the couch and chair were also uncomfortable. All in all I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments! I will make sure to pass them on to our staff. We are working on ways to accomodate our guests better at breakfast during the peak times so we won't run out of food. We look forward to seeing again the next time you are in Holland!
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is very nice. It definitely holds up to the standards of Marriott. Their rooms are wonderfully put together everything is brand-new this hotel is very clean. They have a very nice pool area along with a hot tub. They serve a light dinner Monday through Thursday and breakfast every morning. The staff there is wonderful. This is definitely a hotel you don't have to worry about having any unexpected surprises. Their location isn't the best but everything else makes up for.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel on TripAdvisor! We love hearing how we are doing. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and met all your expecations that you would expect from a Marriott hotel. We hope to see you again soon the next time you visit the Holland area. I will make sure to pass all your great comments to our staff!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Your typical mid-rise Residence Inn. This location has been refurbished so there was a nice firm bed and two of the 5 pillows were also firm (much appreciated). This hotel is in the middle of an office park more or less, so not convenient to any of the tourist attractions in the area, but the drive to those is not bad. The staff were very friendly, which is always nice to see. Only complaint was about the bathroom. As is often the case with refurbished hotels, the bathroom only gets "lipstick". The long tile wall over the tub was literally bulging out, obviously the wallboard/cement board behind has deteriorated. There was also a lot of mildew/mold around the tub. A shame to see an otherwise nice hotel with this problem. Hopefully it was just my room, but if I had been staying for more than two nights I would have asked for a different room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. As far as the shower wall, it is an issue we are addressing slowly and working on. I apologize that you got a room with not the best tub surround. I hope the next time you are in the area and choose to stay with us, we will be able to accomodate you in a better suite that has a better bathroom. Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn Holland! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay with us!
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My family (wife and I plus a 3 yr old and an 8 month old) was in the process of moving out of the country, and needed a place to stay between leaving the apartment and flying out. This hotel was perfect. We had a suite with 2 bedrooms, plus a living area - we found it extremely useful for naps - very little sound passes through the walls of the suite, let alone from other suites. The FULL kitchen saved us a lot of money on "going out"! The rooms are very well appointed with all of the standards, as well as cooking utensils. They even provide the soap for your dishwasher. Both bedrooms had their own bathrooms with tubs. 2 drawbacks to this hotel. #1 - there is no bathroom in the central area. When we laid the kids down in seperate rooms, we had to use the facilities downstairs to avoid disturbing them. #2 - the hotel is quite far from any attractions or shopping - there is absolutely nothing in walking distance. Other than that, we LOVED this hotel, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chris B, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to put your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback! I am glad our two bedroom suite worked out so well for you and your family during your transition. I hope you had a safe move and are transitioning well in your new home. We hope you'll stay with us again when you visit Holland in the future. Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland!
Beloit, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We took a family vacation to Holland this summer just after July 4th. My son and his wife had a suite and My husband and rest of the family had a 2 bedroom suite. My son's room did not have working air conditioning. Thy had someone "fix it" 'and it was so loud they could not sleep- they were told the hotel was full and had no place to put them. The next day they moved them to a new room. They were not compensated in any way for this lack of adequate accomodations. My daughter in law was 5 months pregnant at the time and I do not believe they were adequately treated. We have stayed in the same hotel for the past several years- We will not stay there again and would not tell anyone else to stay there. Our room was not cleaned 3 of the 5 days that we were there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chris B, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Mrs. Gander,

Thank you for taking the time put your feedback on TripAdvisor, as always appreciate your comments. I'll address this with you like we did with many emails. We did infact compensate your stay by giving a discount off your room that was more than fair and additional bonus points on your Marriott Reward Account. Again I have addressed your housekeeping issues with my staff, but you were made aware of why the cleaning was happening later than you expected, my team could of done better handling the cleaning of your suite though, and I've discussed this with them. Our stayovers do get last to be done, this is due to the high volume of check ins we have to meet by 3pm.

I apologize that your son's A/C issues weren't able to be handled immediately, but they were given a fan, and moved as soon as possible. I even offered to move them to another hotel till we had an open room for them. The communication I had with your son, was that he was satisfied with how the situation was handled and never said anything further to myself or my staff.

Thank you again for your loyalty to our property, again I apologize for your less than perfect stay. We hope you'll return to our property next year for your family vacation. I'm sure you'll have a different experience, as you know from your previous stays, this wasn't the normal.

rocky river, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with our 3 young children ages 6,4, and 2 for a quick beach getaway. This property is clean and recently updated to the point of appearing brand new. The room was clean, cozy, and very quiet, The pool area was large and a big hit with our kids. The complimentary breakfast was extensive with warm food and plenty of fruit and healthy options. The property is located in a quiet office park/industiral park neighborhhod 10 minutes from the 8th street shopping area, and about 15 minutes from Saugatuck Dunes State Park which we used as our beach of choice. The front desk was also helpful with helping us locate locate a nice trail sytem for some mountain biking with the kids. The area has many options for beaches and shopping etc. This is an excellent Marriott property that delivers high standards you would expect from Marriott. We would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chris B, General Manager at Residence Inn Holland, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your review! I will make sure to pass on all your feedback to my staff. I'm glad you got to take in everything our hotel and Holland/Saugatuck had to offer. We appreciate your recomendations! Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Holland. We look forward to your next stay when you visit the lakeshore again.

Been to Residence Inn Holland? Share your experiences!