Overall stay was for 2 nights during July 2011 (2 adults, 2 children). We were pleased with all aspects of our experience. First, the hotel appears to be newer and/or newly remodeled. As such, our room was very clean and nicely maintained. We got a room with two queen beds.
The staff were very friendly and professional and we really enjoyed the free continental breakfast which provided a nice variety of items for both adults and children.
The weather was poor one day of trip, so there were quite a few folks in the pool, but because the pool area is very nice with large pool and large sitting area, we never felt crowded.
There were quite a few families at the hotel and the only negative point was that we could hear some of the families with louder children through walls and running in hallways, etc. for brief period of time.
The hotel is not too far of a drive from the Holland State Park and/or the downtown area. In addition there are quite a few restaurants/shopping/movie theater/etc. that are close to hotel which was nice on the rainy day.
Overall hotel exceeded our expectations and we would definitely recommend it for those visiting Holland area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Quality Excellence Award winning Holiday Inn Express of Holland, MI. The Holiday Inn Express in Holland offers a place to work, relax or play just minutes from downtown Holland, Windmill Island and Tulip Time Festival activities. Located minutes from Lake Michigan beaches, Holland State Park, the Big Red Lighthouse, Dutch Village, Veldheer Tulip Farm, and Hope College our hotel and outstanding staff are committed to quality and exceptional service. Our spacious rooms offer either a king or two queen beds with luxurious white bedding, executive level and king whirlpool rooms available. All rooms feature a refrigerator, microwave, free wired/wireless Internet, 2 line cordless phone, Simply Smart shower experience, and much more! All rooms include free hot breakfast.Take a swim in our Michigan shaped indoor heated pool, enjoy a relaxing evening in our sauna or in our indoor/outdoor spa, a game of pool in our game room or basketball on the outdoor sports court. Enjoy time outside on our outdoor patio reading a book, soaking in the sun or grilling on our complimentary gas grill. Holland, Michigan is home to many fortune 5 companies such as Herman Miller, Johnson Controls, Gentex, Haworth, Consumers Power, Siemens, and S2/Tiara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Holland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Holland Hotel Holland
- Holiday Inn Holland
- Holland Holiday Inn Express