“Curragh Irish Pub” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 200 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups
Michigan
“Curragh Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went to Curragh Irish Pub on a Saturday night during the past Labor Day weekend to eat, drink, and listen to Irish/Traditional music. We sat outside to be close to the musician/singer. The music was very good, relaxing, not over powering during dinner. The food, AWESOME! Five of us went and each had a different entree. Not one of us was disappointed. Great food, great music, great beer, and a really great atmosphere! Go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“never thought i'd like an irish pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

didn't have typical Irish food because they had lots of other things and so we had fish. I had salmon and my husband had some fish dinner that he can't remember the name of (not fish and chips) anyway both were very good and we had a wonderful waitress..wish I could remember her name so she could take the credit. we would go again!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belvidere, Illinois
“Curragh Irish Pub in Holland, MI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

While visiting Holland, MI, my wife and I dined at Curragh Irish Pub at 73 East 8th Street. We both enjoyed our meals. My wife had the Curragh Ruben and I had the Irish Lamb Stew.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ate supper here on a Wednesday night. Waitress was not very friendly - never did crack a smile while we were there. I ordered fish and chips - the fish was good the "chips" were just frozen fries, the coleslaw was really bad, dry and tasteless. Husband ordered the shepards pie he said it was mediocre. There are many other good restaurants in Holland - I'd try one of them first.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Port Huron, Michigan
“Atmosphere, very pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went to Curraghs on the recommendation of one of the members of our party who had been there before. We were seated quickly on a busy Saturday night and the waitress took our drink order almost immediately. She brought the drinks to us with little delay and we placed our order. I ordered the fish and chips and was not disappointed with the selection. The fish was battered just right and cooked to perfection. The cole slaw that accompanied the meal was a bit dry for my taste but, altogether, I was pleased.

The thing that stood out most for me was the general mood of the diners in our outdoor seating area. Everyone was smiling and laughing, enjoying the moment with family and friends, young and old alike. I have to believe the efficiency of the wait staff, the wonderful weather, the entertainment, the companionship and the food and drink came together in just the right proportion to put everyone at ease in that sliver of time. It was a very pleasant experience and I will be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food