“We want all our friends to stay here for a few days.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   61 East 7th Street, Holland, MI 49423   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“We want all our friends to stay here for a few days.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. We loved everything about it. We could not get over such a modern hotel located here. Our room (305) was large with a huge soaking tub that we used every day. It also had a large walk in shower. The bed was so comfortable with the High Def tv right on the wall and the bedding the most comfortable ever! The restaurant and lounge on the top floor was fun and great. The food very good. The wine and chocolate martini - very good. Walking easy to downtown Holland, lovely parks, and good restaurants. Good shops to visit nearby. The area has a lot to offer. Holland has a great beach or two - we almost had it to ourselves when we visited. We want to visit again and this will be our hotel of choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Very clean. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Niles, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I spent a weekend in Holland and stayed at the CityFlats Hotel for the first time. We loved everything about the hotel. The staff was always helpful, friendly and made checkin/out easy. The room was beautiful, clean and only $109 a night. CityFlats is also "green" with cork flooring and the softest sheets made out of bamboo. The location is perfect, a short walk to all the downtown shops and restaurants. Anytime we travel to Holland in the future, we will only stay at CityFlats.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

The minute we stepped into our room at City Flats Hotel, I was awestruck. The soaker tub sitting on a raised platform was the jewel in the crown. I reserved the room especially for my husband as he loves to soak in the tub and this was the first hotel we've stayed at with tubs designed for deep relaxation. The room exuded serenity and the bed was exquisite. It was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the linens are luxurious as well as being environmentally friendly. The fiber is bamboo and is so soft and silky. The flat screen TV is a bonus and easily watched in bed. The shower is spacious and the water temperature easily controlled. The pressure was not great but it was a water saver shower head. The windows let in plenty of natural light which is always welcome. The free wifi is most appreciated. The people at the reception desk were most accommodating and helpful. I wish all hotels were as beautiful and elegant as City Flats. We stayed 2 nights and I wish it could have been longer. We thought it was a great value for the price and it's LEEDS certified to boot. We loved that there was special parking for hybrids. We have a Prius and were able to park a few steps from the entrance; great perk. The only disappointment was that the bistro was not open during our visit. We were looking forward to trying it out.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night and will definitely return. All of the staff are helpful and friendly, the hotel is clean and every room is decorated differently. There are flat screen TVs in the rooms, huge modern bathrooms, work areas, the hotel has a gym, restaurant, bar, and small area where you can get coffee, rolls,etc. The beds are huge and so comfortable. The location of this hotel is great - about a 3 minute walk to the main street. The only improvement I could think of would be to add a pool/jacuzzi.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

This hotel is so cool. I found it on the website www.greenhotels.com and I am glad I did. Their staff was very friendly and went out of their way to give me DETAILED directions to where I needed to be. I felt like I was in a Boutique hotel in downtown Chicago. Everything in my room was spotless and they don't have gross carpet in the rooms they have cork floors that were amazing. It has a very modern design, which I learned that every room in the place is designed differently. I can't wait to go back and see what the other rooms look like. What an awesome place. Highly recommeded!

• Liked — It was clean and had very friendly staff.
  • Disliked — The downtown area can be confusing with all the one way streets.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

This was one of my favorite hotels ever! They had very comfortable and soft beds, and a big HDTV. I really liked the design of the bathroom, and the shower was great. The design of the room was amazing and great-looking. It was near Lake Michigan, which had a great beach, and I think it was much better than swimming in the ocean. The hotel was close to lots of fun places like the Dutch Village. I got really depressed going from this hotel to the Mission Point resort on Mackinac Island-the two hotels are completely opposite--Mission Point is TERRIBLE! The room was dirty and small, and the TV's were tiny. We canceled some of our days there and went back to this hotel for our final night in Michigan. Best vacation ever.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I did't really like the dinner menu for room service, but we ate out most of the time, the only other thing is that they don't have a pool-but I think the beach is just as good.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2008

We have never stayed in a more ridiculous hotel. The decor is unattractive, the ammenities are non-existent and the price is way too high.

These people have no idea how to design, or to run, a hotel.

We are frequent travelers and have experienced a wide variety of acomodations, world-wide.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Virtually everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to CityFlatsHotel - Holland? Share your experiences!