“Hip & Modern Hotel in Holland, MI!” 5 of 5 stars

CityFlats Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   61 East 7th Street, Holland, MI 49423   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Holland
Puerto Rico
“Hip & Modern Hotel in Holland, MI!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had many nice options when looking into an overnight stay in Holland, MI. We picked this hotel because it is the only LEED Gold Certified Hotel in the Midwest. The design, decorating & ambiance of the hotel did not disappoint! We loved the modern feel without it being cold or austere. The rooms were nicely appointed with thoughtful amenities like a MP3 docking station, good quality soaps & cozy soft linens! The service was pleasant and friendly from the time we called in to make the reservation to check out!

Room Tip: Our 2nd floor room was quiet (facing the street) Beds are so comfortable...you won't want to get...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
cityflats, General Manager at CityFlats Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear IslandSunSeekers,

Thank you for your kind remarks! I will pass along to our staff your comments, we appreciate it. We take great pride in being one of the only Gold LEED certified hotels in the Midwest. The hotel proves that you don’t have sacrifice style and comfort, all the while, doing our part for the environment. We hope you also got to enjoy some of the downtown area too, Holland offers so much to our guest, all within walking distance!!

Thanks again for staying with Cityflats Hotel in Holland!

Stuart VerHoef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel was great. Edgey but homey. Cool but comfortable. I loved all the environmentally friendly innovations. A little pricey but since we were only staying one night it wasn't much of an issue. We were within walking distance of most everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
cityflats, General Manager at CityFlats Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Kdmasilak,

Thank you for your kind remarks! I will pass along to our staff your comments, we appreciate it. We also appreciate your thoughts and feedback regarding the rooms and the hotel in general, it helps us to improve for your future stays. We take great pride in being one of the only Gold LEED certified hotels in the Midwest. The hotel proves that you don’t have sacrifice style and comfort, all the while, doing our part for the environment.

Thanks again for staying with Cityflats Hotel in Holland!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This hotel was so hip and cool with it's architecture and design. Very modern. The rooms were very spacious and there were eclectic color schemes throughout the hotel.

The bed may very well have been the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. We had a friend who actually bought a bed from this hotel because they were so comfortable. The front desk has pre-printed info on how to get these beds because so many people ask about them.

The food here was great too. Wonderful restaurant with big windows so you can watch the sun set and eat, and chat the night away without feeling pressure to leave.

Great location. In walking distance of many shops and eateries.

i would really like to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear L2Conelly,

Thank you for your kind remarks! I will pass along to our staff your comments, we appreciate it. Please let us know if you also need information on the beds, we would be happy to send you the information. We take great pride in being one of the only Gold LEED certified hotels in the Midwest. The hotel proves that you don’t have sacrifice style and comfort, all the while, doing our part for the environment.

Thanks again for staying with Cityflats Hotel in Holland! If your travels bring you to the Grand Rapids area, please check out our new facility in the heart of downtown.

Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here while on a golf trip with some friends. Loved the hotel. Much different than any hotel I have stayed at. Large, comfortable rooms. Unique decor. Great service. The rooftop restaurant was great too. You can sit outside or inside, both with a great view of the area. We loved the odd-shaped utensils. If you order coffee, they bring you a coffee press. I loved it. A block or so from Holland's historic area with shops and restaurants.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
cityflats, General Manager at CityFlats Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Didds,

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I rarely go back to the same destination twice simply because there are so many places to explore, HOWEVER CityFlats in Holland won me as a return guest!
I stayed tehre about 3 years ago when the property just opened and I loved everything about it. We have returned 3 times since then, the last one with our baby and our mothers. The hotel is very modern and green. No two rooms are alike, but all rooms are impressive. From the beds, to TVs, to bathroom, everything is well appointed and greatly maintained. I just don't see the rooms tired after 3 years which tells something for the management.
The rooftop restaurant is very nice and tehre is complimentary coffee at the Reception area 24/7. The hotel is located right in downtown and it is very pleasant to walk around with shopping and restaurants just steps away.
Must go are Kilwins Ice cream shop, Boatwerks restaurant as well as all on 8th street.
We live in Chicago and going to Holland is a sweet weekend getaway, so I am looking forward my next stay at CityFlats!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

The rooms are nicely appointed. Cork floors are very comfortable on bare feet. I didn't get to try out room service or the top floor restaurant, but the happy hour in the bar was very nice.

I also appreciated the free WIFI and free parking.

There was a complimentary continental breakfast served in the lobby, but I didn't know about it, until too late, so that was disappointing. I think the desk clerk should've mentioned it.

The television has a speaker in the bathroom and there is no way to turn it off. Very annoying. Who's idea was that? At least they warned me about it at the desk when I checked in,

Other problems I encountered were: fuzzy dusty airfilter on the air conditioner (the panel was open) and the exit sign in the hallway pointed in 2 directions when there is only one exit. That was confusing enough in daylight, I'd hate to think about what would happen in a fire.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
cityflats, General Manager at CityFlats Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear Pozdowny,
I want to apologize for the front desk staff communicating some of the features in the room and the breakfast times. We also appreciate your thoughts and feedback regarding the hotel in general, it helps us to improve for your future stays. I will look into the way finding issues that you experienced as well. We take great pride in our staff and facility, but we clearly didn’t live up to those standards on this visit.

Please do contact me directly to further discuss the situation at your leisure, my number is 616.796.2102.

Thanks again for staying with Cityflats Hotel in Holland

Detroit, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011 via mobile

Really loved what we saw online. Our room was a bit well used however. All of the molding were scratched and chipped which is pretty noticeable with all the dark wood. Checkin wasn't overly friendly but we did receive a checkup call. Maid service was thorough. Loud. The fridge and ac turning on and off during the night was very loud. I think there's not a lot of sound absorption in all those Eco friendly building materials. Overall we liked the place bit it didn't exceed expectations.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Trcjmatt,
I want to apologize for the service that you experienced. We also appreciate your thoughts and feedback regarding the rooms and the hotel in general, it helps us to improve for your future stays. We take great pride in our staff and facility, but we clearly didn’t live up to those standards on this visit.

Thanks again for staying with Cityflats Hotel in Holland,

Stuart VerHoef

Been to CityFlats Hotel? Share your experiences!