“That Place = Nice Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: Next Door to the American Host Inn Motel, Hart, MI
Description: Next Door to the American Host Inn Motel, Hart, MI
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“That Place = Nice Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This restaurant is really easy to find, is close to the Hotels in Hart and the freeway. Their chicken is really good with no MSG! Their other meals are updated and VERY good! Their wait staff work hard to answer your questions and make sure you are well taken care of. The also sell jams and fudge.

Visited July 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“Slow and rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Sunday morning, place is packed. It's a find-a seat-anywhere-you-can type of place that's filled with mostly locals from my observations. After 5 minutes of waiting for a menu, I got up and got our own menues. The server/cashier was busy talking to people at the register.

After 30 minutes of waiting after placing our order, my wife asked when our food would be ready and the answer was, "We're busy and cooking as fast as we can." OK - I can see that. Ten minutes later we look over and the server was hugging and kissing a bunch of people and talking about something to a large group that jut walked in. My wife made a comment, " I wish she would spend less time kissing and hugging people and check on our food order!."

Our order arrived 49 minutes after we sat down. The pancakes were tough and the scrambled egg platter we ordered (#38 on the menu) had undercooked potatoes and way too much cheese on top. While we were eating and aalmost finished, the server comes over to our table, leans way in so her head is right in between us and says, "By the way - those are my grand children and I'll take any opportunity I can to kiss and hug them." She stands up, turns around and walks away. WTH?? Where did THAT come from? Apparently someone sitting next to us heard my wife's comment and ratted on us. HA! Gotta love the locals. It was a totally unprofessional and unnecessary thing to say to us, especially the WAY she did it. Get your face out of MY face OK? Any other place I would have raised cain with the owner/manager but I think I WAS dealing with the owner. Not sure. Don't spend your 39¢ tip all in one place. :)) Don't worry - we'll not be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
“Busy but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

While on a weekend vacation, we ate here on a Saturday morning. It's a fairly small, diner style, relaxed atmosphere. The place was packed with people - I think nearly every table was full. Service was a tad slow due to the sheer number of customers, but they were very friendly which makes it easy to forgive. Food was good, and the selection was great. Would recommend if you're in town and want a solid sit-down breakfast instead of fast food.

• Visited July 2012