“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Birmingham
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

My husband, I and our two daughters stumbled upon Mustang Wendys when we were on a Nubs Nob ski vacation. It's a small, quaint restaurant in downtown Harbor Springs. Simple decor - but who cares - it's about the food! We walked in just as they were about to close - but they were happy to seat us anyway. Thank goodness! Wonderful food! Creative, yummy, nice presentation. A bit of a southwestern flair to the dishes. I enjoyed eggs-quesidilla. I would definitely order it again. Our girls both had a grilled chicken wrap which was very tasty. My husband had a brisket burrito - generous portion - it could have fed two people! If you're in Harbor Springs (or nearby), Mustang Wendys is a must!

• Visited February 2015

Houston, Texas
“Interesting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We ate breakfast here three times during our visit because the menu items were so intriguing we wanted to try several and enjoyed them all. Go hungry, since these are big flavors! Especially enjoyed the special oatmeal, short rib hash and house smoked salmon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, IL
“Outstanding food and Exceptional Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Stopped by here on a Sunday morning for breakfast and I am so happy we did. Our server was very friendly and attentive. The food was unique and delicious. I had the Eggs Hemmingway. Fantastic! Made with fresh salmon that they smoke in house. My husband tried their pancake special which had apples and roasted pumpkin seeds on top. He absolutely loved them. He said they were the lightest fluffier pancakes he has ever had. Will most definately return.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Informal atmosphere, OK server, food average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

We ate for the first time at Mustang Wendy's on a weekday afternoon for lunch. Since the summer season had passed the restaurant was not crowded. We were seated right away and the server was efficient but we never saw a smile. The menu features their take on Tex-Mex with several other types of dishes as well. I had the BBQ pork on a pretzel bun and my wife had the Casa salad. Our dining companion had the shredded pork burrito.

The BBQ pork sandwich was good (I was hungry) but somewhat dry and without much BBQ sauce and little flavor. They offered only a minimal salad dressing selection for my wife's salad (no balsamic vinegarette) and my wife said the salad was "just OK". The shredded pork burrito was the star of the day. It was huge and flavorful with just the right amount of spiciness.

Our take on the restaurant was that it has lots of potential. The menu features several interesting items but some of them could be improved. We service could also be improved by making customers feel more welcome. Mustang Wendy's is a work in progress.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Harbor Springs, Michigan
“A place with imagination and creativity!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

After 2 years of wanting to try this small cafe we got in after the season was over. I now see why it is always packed, interesting and creative food. This is hard to find "Up North" as most restaurants serve the same food year after year. Well this is full of Southwestern flavors, braised short ribs and eggs, great soft tacos, Mole chicken wraps and Bison burgers are just a sample of the menu. The coleslaw was awesome! The food was full of flavor, a chef not afraid to cook outside the Michigan box! Service was very good and made sure we had everything we needed. Only a hand full of tables makes this a gem worth waiting for.

• 4 of 5 stars Food