“More than we expected!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Woodland Motor Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   267 S. I-75 Business Loop, Grayling, MI 49738   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Grayling
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States
“More than we expected!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We've vacationed in Grayling for 20 years and have finally found our home base. The staff was exceptionally helpfull and very hometown friendly. Room was clean and well taken care of daily. Don't know why the bad review from previous reviewer, but sounds to me like she needs to stay in high end, big city hotels only; or travel with a bodyguard. We noticed abosolutely no "mustiness" or anything other than a clean, spacious and accomodating room. We love Chris (or Kris??). She is a definite attribute to this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back building.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here for a 2 night and I feel in love with the place. the rooms were clean, the staff is super friendly, and the bonfires at night just top it off to be the perfect getaway.(firewood provided) iIll definitely be returning :)
-Jo

• Stayed July 2012
Haines City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed in room 16 last night (July 19th) and had no problems. I don't know what that other person is talking about. The room looks just like the picture on the website, plenty of room. It even had a little kitchenette so we could keep our pop cold and make a sandwich before we left the next day. The housekeeper was excellent and made sure we were very well taken care of. The internet service was running fine and we really enjoyed our stay. This is a great little place and feel sorry that someone would try to trash their reputation

Room Tip: Room 16 is great if you want to be able to cook something.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hancock, Mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here twice the first time our room was on the road side and they seemed surprised by our visit. The owner said something like if you had booked soon we could have got a better room. I had booked 3 weeks in advance through Expedia. The room was clean but had a musty smell that bothered me. The next time I stayed we got a room off the road. The room was clean but it had the same musty smell. The door also did not have a dead bolt. I was traveling alone with young children and would have felt safer if I had a dead bolt. I know nothing bad would happen in Grayling, MI but for peace of mind it would be nice. The owners seem wonderful but I prefer to pay a couple more bucks to stay in a room that has no smell and a good lock on the door.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

A wonderful experience! Very clean and the staff is outstanding. I have not seen customer service ever that was this good! Great value and a memorable experience.
Enjoy your stay!

Ken @ Farmington Hills

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I'm glad I read the reviews on here and decided to give this place a try. For the price, I wasn't expecting much. We were amazed at how great the place is! It is family-owned and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We were able to bring our dog along and loved our room! it was modernly updated, but cute and cozy. Everything was so great for our stay. It would be a good place to stay at a higher price, but for this price, you seriously can't beat it! We have family in town and will definitely be back to stay here. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
howell, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

What a wonderful surprise! The setting is very peaceful. A fire pit was near our room...the motel even supplied the wood for our campfire. The room was clean, spacious and well equiped with a microwave and a refrigerator. Best of all, the owners were incredibly friendly. It was a great change from our typical stays at the chain hotels!

Room Tip: The back unit is farthest from the road...very peaceful.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Woodland Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!