“FUN Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
South Rockwood, Michigan
“FUN Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We enjoyed the rustic setting, choice of food, AND, the history of this establishment. Go here for a fun meal.

Visited April 2012

Canada
“Great place for dinner and cold beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Love this place, quirky inside with a good sized menu and nice and cool on a hot summer day. I had the Spike burger and it was excellent, handmade and perfectly cooked. My wife had the burrito and it was surprisingly good and huge. They were packed at dinner on a Sunday, they could use more room, and an outside deck would be smart. I think this is the place to go in Grayling.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Thank you Trip Advisor, this was a great Sunday lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Almost fooled me with hours ending at 1:30 on Sunday after Grayling Restaurant closed at 3pm. Hah, that means "a.m.". The chili was well above average and the burger was great. Someone, thankfully, is OCD in ownership/management. The tiniest detail was managed really well. Chili came with the best oyster crackers available, Westminster Bakers, with no transfats. The bun was warm and a bit crispy, but not burnt or fried in butter. Paper plates are Eco-friendly. Prices are very legit.

As a taller person, the legs of the table for the booth were a true aggravating factor. Almost impossible to squeeze my feet and legs in and out. That is fixable.

Service was fairly quick, so I spent maybe 15 more minutes total compared to sitting at McDonald's.

I will be back and my friends will think I am cool because I found this place without using my smartphone (i won't say how I first learned about it).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Only place left in Grayling?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It is always the same, and that is good. Every time we come up north we stop on our way home. It is comforting knowing that "our" table is normally open. (We stop around 3pm nearly every time). Seems to be the only "regulars" place left in Grayling. It has been there forever, and hope it satys there forever. I have noticed that the famed Spike Burger is not what it used to be tho :(

Visited July 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Small pub, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We visited Spike's last August 2011, with a group of hungry adults and kids! We were pleasantly surprised to find that the food was very good, service was excellent and they had a fun atmosphere. We will go back this fall when we visit Grayling again.