“Good Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Grandville
Miami, Florida
“Good Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The room, bed and bathroom was clean. Although, there was a slight smell of smoke upon entering, probably used to be a smoking room, it wasnt bad enough for us to request another room. Everything else was great, we were on the vacant mall (or whatever it is) side of the hotel, so it was very quiet. The highway is close enough to get anywhere in a reasonable time. When we checked in we were given a token for a free drink at a nearby restaurant, didnt use it, but thought that it was a nice thing that the hotel did. A/C worked fine and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and in a huge area by the pool. Didnt use pool, but the area looked great.

Room Tip: get room on non-highway side
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hudsonville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Great hotel. Stayed here as wedding guests, and the wedding party arranged with the management for a special wedding rate. Reception was at Sunnybrook Country Club, which is about 1 mile away. Everything is close. Rooms were perfect and all was recently remodeled. Highly recommended for others planning a reception in the Hudsonville, Jenison, Grandville area and having out of town guests! No complaints! Everything was great.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We found this to be what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The beds were a little hard, so it was not so comfortable of a nights sleep. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, offering a little more than would be expected.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
bflavin, Communications Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grandville, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
We apologize that the bed you slept in did not provide you with the maximum comfort needed for a good night of rest. It is always good to get feedback from guests such as yourself that will help us continuously improve our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our extended buffet in the morning. If you have any other comments or questions feel free to contact bflavin@suburbaninns.com
Syracuse, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We had a room with two queen-size beds. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff was courteous and helpful. We both slept great! Had a very nice buffet breakfast in the morning that included: your choice of fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, or all of the above. It was awesome. We did not use the pool, but the pool area was lovely. Location is near family and convenient for us. Great value for the money. When we go back to Grandville for a future visit, we will definitely book a room at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
bflavin, Communications Director at Holiday Inn Express Grandville, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for leaving us a review! We greatly appreciate your time and business. Our staff looks forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Have a great day!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed here one night. I was on the hoghway side of the property. It was normal traffic noise till the traffic slowed down. Would stay again! There are resturants in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
robo_flavin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grandville, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
We would like to first thank you for staying with us during your previous visit to the Grandville area. We apologize for any inconvenience that the noise may have caused your during the night. Next time you come to visit feel free ask our front desk staff to put you in a room located away from highway and they will gladly accommodate you. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My family has been staying at the Holiday Inn for 3 years due to its wonderful service, close location to the highway and pool. They have a breakfast with several choices. Their rooms are clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed here a year ago, prior to getting a service dog, and really enjoyed myself. I now have a small service dog who helps keep me calm with my anxiety issues. When I check into any hotel I immediately give them her certification card and also let them know in the comment section when making my reservation so they *should* be prepared.

I did that when I reserved and checked into this hotel. After not sleeping very well, I just wanted to get out of there and go home, as I hadn't slept well the night prior at another hotel. So I loaded up my stuff, put Coco on her leash, took the elevator down and walked through the lobby. As I passed the desk I told them I'd be right back to check out after I let her go potty as I didn't want any accidents and she hadn't been out since we got up. The clerk got this incredulous look on his face and said "You've had her here this whole time?" I replied she was a service dog and walked out to the car. After loading my car, I went back in to check out. I was then asked what kind of service dog she was and proof of her ADA status. I got it out and told him I had given it to the guy the night before. "Oh well he's new". Well I'm sorry but maybe you should train people better and make notes in the computer system! And seriously my room was at the end of the hotel, why would I put her faux purple fur coat on her and walk her through the lobby if I was sneaking her into the room??? I've had her in very classy hotels that don't allow dogs and never encountered that kind of attitude.

I was already feeling a big negative about this hotel before the check out experience for two reasons. The first is a huge pet peeve of mine in hotels. I checked in at 6:00pm, dropped my stuff in my room and then met a friend for coffee and went to another friend's house to make cookies until 10:30. From before I checked in till I would say 11pm or so a group of people were having some kind of party in the breakfast area. At this hotel the breakfast area is not off to the side somewhere but smack dab in the middle of the lobby and you must walk through it to get to the pool. At 11pm I had tried to purchase a soda from the vending machine on the 3rd floor and it ate my money. I also realized my laptop was still in my car. So I took the stairs at the end of the hotel, retrieved my laptop and walked through the parking lot to the lobby doors to get more change. A group of men were RIGHT IN FRONT of the doors smoking! I love having to walk through that to get into a non-smoking building. I then proceeded to wait at least 5 minutes for the clerk to come to the desk. Good thing I had already checked in cause that alone would have made me leave. Customers should not have to wait that long for a desk clerk.

I rattled my keys numerous times, though thanks to the little family gathering not sure if she ever heard me. She finally came out and when I asked for change for a $5, it was like I wanted a $100 bill turned into singles by the expression on her face. I also informed her that the machine ate my money and did not get a single response. Thankfully $1.75 is not that big a deal to me but I find it sad that she ignored this fact as it could be the last cash a person has on them or to a kid that's quite a bit of money sometimes. I had to walk through this group to access the 1st floor vending machines and between waiting for her and them making my selections I heard them start to break up the gathering. Lo and behold, 1/2 the people weren't staying at the hotel including the ones that had just been outside smoking! The children were running around in swimsuits and as far as I could tell their rooms weren't even the ones off the pool. The change thing was my second negative thing that just annoyed me. I also belong to the priority club for HI and my room was directly across from the broom closet. Not sure if that's what woke me up or not in the morning.

I would stay here if I had to again but think that some further training is needed. I'm also wondering if the ownership or management has changed in the last year because it felt very different this time around from the moment I walked in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grandville? Share your experiences!