“Perfect for a quick overnight before a flight. Went way beyond what I'd expect out of a typical Comfort Inn!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Friendly check-in and check-out, clean, quiet, conveniently located to GRR, and the price was a 1990 throwback. My favorite thing, I had an early flight and they had breakfast out at 4am! I'll stay here again, no question.

• Stayed July 2013
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Friend – we were thrilled to read your review. We specialize in catering to early morning travelers so your endorsement was a welcome treat. We know that cutbacks by the airlines have taken a toll on everyone and hope that the early morning breakfast starts your trip off on the right foot. We laughed at your 1990 reference. That was a huge compliment. We do our best to provide great value at a reasonable price. Again, thank you so much for staying and for taking time to write such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grand Rapids.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Came in for the night on drive through. Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Gave us snacks and water upon arrival. Room was comfortable with plenty of amenities. Great breakfast and friendly staff. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
Grand Rapids Visitor - on behalf of our entire staff thank you so much for staying with us and for offering feedback on your experience. We know that travelers have many options when they come to the area. We are humbled by your kind words and are honored that you would recommend us. Please stop in again the next time you visit Michigan. We will have the refreshments and snacks all ready. Have a relaxing and restful week.
Duncanville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The person at the front desk was pleasant, and she provided us with a double-sided list of restaurants in the area. The room was clean, and everything was where it should be. The bed was comfortable, even if it seemed to sag a bit in the middle. Breakfast was great, with a wide variety of food offered. Compared to other hotels in the area, the price was in the low end.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Friend - we know you have several hotel options to choose from when you visit Grand Rapids. On behalf of our entire staff, we want to thank you for staying with us and for providing such nice feedback. We do our best to provide top notch customer service along with a clean, quiet room. It seems like we were successful in your case. We would definitely agree with your assessment of the breakfast (especially the pastries - yum). Our owner has expanded the menu to try and meet the various needs of our guests. We will make sure to let him known. We will also pass your kind words onto the rest of our staff as well. Again, thank you for staying with us. We wish you a wonderful holiday and hope to see you the next time your return to the area. Take Care.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here after my flight was cancelled. I was traveling with my small children and it was late and they were hungry. Erin checked us in as soon as she could, gave us a great room and help us get to a place to eat. I can't imagine what I would have done without her. Thank you so much! The best staff ever. The room was very comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Friend - we truly appreciate you taking time to review your experience with us. We would definitely agree that Erin is incredible. We don't know what we would do without her either. She explained your scenario to us during one of our staff meetings. We are so sorry you were stranded from your flight. We know how difficult it can be to be a mom on the road with hungry children. We hope the rest of your trip ended on a positive note. If you ever return to Grand Rapids, we would love to see you and your family again. Again, thank you for the nice sentiments. Have a wonderful holiday.
Highland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here on business/pleasure trip. Can't say enough about the staff from the time of reserving to check out. They are wonderful! However, I was very disappointed in the actual room. The matress was poor. I did address the issue with staff at check out and they were going change this. Stayed on the 3rd floor with a balcony, and while everything but the bed was adequate, overall I was a little disappointed based on other reviews this hotel had received. The location is good, and there is any type of restaurant you desire a stone throw away along with ample shopping. I might or might not choose to stay here again. Based on price only, it is a great value. Based on amenities, perhaps not so much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Valued Guest - we cannot thank you enough for offering constructive feedback on your stay. An important part of operating a hotel is being able to identify areas for future improvement. We notified our maintenance staff about the soft mattress. A good night sleep is preeminent. Most of our mattresses are new but you identified one that needed to be addressed. We really appreciate it. Thank you also for the kind words about our staff. We love people. It is a blessing to interact with the guests and hear about their lives and travel. We wish you a wonderful weekend and hope you will consider us again sometime in the future.
Huron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time here on business and I'll he back on my next trip through. Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms with friendly service and close to restaurants, etc.

Everything is about what you'd like to see in a hotel. One minor complaint would be the less than stellar desk chair. I use desks in hotels all of the time and this chair is just not what you hope for.

Terrific all around value which makes it no wonder that it's such a busy location.

• Stayed June 2013
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Ohio Friend - what a nice review. We are honored that you have chosen us as your Grand Rapids hotel of choice. We are proud of our property but would agree with your assessment of the chairs. We are getting new furniture in the middle of July which we believe will add to the guests' overall comfort and value. Again, thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grand Rapids.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three years ago and suffice it to say it lived up to it's award-winning status. So, rather than stay in Lansing, we drove a little further to stay in a place we were already familiar with. Everything felt the same, however, I had requested a ground floor room and was instead put on the third floor at the very end of the hall in a cramped little room (338) barely big enough for the two of us and our bags. Nice bed, very clean. When I went back to the lobby, Erin at the front desk was very courteous, asking me about the room. I told her it was small, but I was too tired to care at this point. We had been in the road for a good part of the day and my wife just wanted to take a hot bath and relax. Unfortunately, there was no drain plug for the tub. A call to Erin resulted in a quick search of the premises to no avail. She offered us a $15 discount, which I accepted. We managed to jam some aluminum foil (from a sandwich) into the drain to hold the water. Laugh as you may, but it worked. The wifi was slow, probably due to our room location. Choice Rewards has anointed me with Platinum Status, but I'm not altogether sure what that means, as it is never mentioned at check-in, nor have I been treated any differently except on one occasion (where they prepared the room by turning on the lights and AC prior to my late arrival). I'm just putting that out there. Loyalty doesn't count for much, I guess. The pipes were loud in 338 as well. When I turned on the shower, my wife rushed in thinking that a pipe had burst. Oh, and we were given a room with a balcony. Not much of a view, but a balcony just the same (not private by any means). A balcony, with no table and chairs to sit outside and enjoy the cool Michigan evening air. Makes it rather pointless. Still, there is really nothing wrong with this hotel. The staff is very professional and helpful, beds and linens are great. Had I been less tired and more forthright I may have requested a room change. My advice... ask to see the room before checking in. That might keep from leaving even the slightest sour taste in your mouth. And keep that aluminum foil handy, just in case.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Friend – on behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for taking time to evaluate our property. We are honored that you would travel extra miles to stay with us and are so sorry that this past experience was not as pleasant as your previous visits. First, please know that we value all our guests, but do everything we can to reward our Choice Privilege Members. Our staff should have recognized your Platinum Status at check-in and should have given you some welcome gifts. We apologize and have addressed it with the attendant. In terms of your booking, unfortunately when your reservation was made it was not made directly by our staff. For whatever reason, the party that booked your room chose a balcony room. These are only available on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We will always do everything within our power to meet people’s special requests. The night you stay the other first floor rooms were not available. We definitely understand your frustration. Finally, thank you so much for letting us know about the problem with the bathroom drain. Our maintenance man has fixed the problem so that people no longer have to use aluminum foil, much to our chagrin. Please know that we value your business and can’t apologize enough. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly. We would like a chance to make it up to you. Have a wonderful week and thanks again.

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!