“YOU WILL LOOK FOWARD TO STAYING!!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grass Lake, Michigan
“YOU WILL LOOK FOWARD TO STAYING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wow!
First let me tell you my husband and I are both very picky where we stay with or without the kids and I am always trying to find the best deal by spending hours looking up the promo codes, discount codes, priceline, expedia trip advisor ect.....you get my point......Well I went to see what I could find with my ChoiceHotel.com Reward points ( not many points) I found this hotel and was a little iffy when I saw the pictures of the hotel and so was my husband lol just being honest! Oh and we were in for it with the kids because there is not a pool,( BUT that is not an issue because you are surrounded by 100s of things to do in Grand Rapids and beyond! ) Also I didn't have to pay for a room because I had the points!!

YAY!! Our very first free stay at a hotel from points!!! How cool!! We finally get there after a 2 hour trip in the car with our 5 and 11 year old boys, I get out and go check in and right away Erin introduced herself and made me feel like I was at RITZ HOTEL even though I have never been there but hear they are DIVINE!! Have their rewards card no matter how long or how many points you get a bottle of water per person and a pack of cookies! Now I seem a little excited over this, but only because

A. It's our first free stay somewhere for barely any points and rooms start at $64 w/out points!!
B. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!
C. This is a 2 star-I've had my share of 3-5 star hotels and NEVER got this kind of treatment!

So as I am checking in I am looking around and behind me is a beautiful lobby with a fire place and comfy couches, fresh coffee, and I couldn't believe it, a managers reception area with fresh food and for everyone! The only time we have been to a managers reception was when we stayed at a hotel with one on a special floor and a nice room and paid extra to have those things.... They had hot dogs, buns, chili, cheese, chips, punch, fruit, and the kids loved it! Now...The ROOM!!! PRAISE THE LORD!! The BED - BEST BED I HAVE EVER LAID IN!! actually BEST BED WE HAVE EVER LAID IN!!! I cannot begin to tell you just how comfortable this bed was, from the mattress to the pillows, the sheets the blanket, I want to lay in it right now just talking about it!! Let me remind you that it was iffy to even come stay at this hotel before and even on the way here lol but God is good and he Blessed us with a very nice place to rest our heads (before picking up our lovely 96 year old NANA at the airport only a few miles from the hotel)
Anyways we slept GREAT (it was hard to get out of bed lol ) we go down to breakfast, which even though there was quite a crowd, the workers were on it!! There was plenty of anything and everything was fresh, they had scrambled eggs, sausages, yogurt, donuts, muffins, waffles, you name it I bet they had it!! And it was complimentary to EVERYONE staying at the hotel! The breakfast scored VERY HIGH with the kids and that's always a plus!

So all and all this was one of the best hotels especially for the price and area and I recommend it to business , family, solo, group, and even couples that are traveling! This hotel was everything you want and need in a hotel... CLEAN, AMAZING SERVICE, COMFORTABLE, AFFORDABLE, CONVIENIENT, KID FRIENDLY, PET FRIENDLY, AND THEY OFFER COMPLIMENTARY MANAGERS RECEPTION, BREAKFAST, WIFI, AND SHUTTLE SERVICE!! SO IF YOU ARE FELLING IFFY ABOUT THIS HOTEL....YOU WILL BE MISSING OUT ON ONE OF THE BEST STAYS YOU HAVE PROBABLY HAD IN A WHILE.

Oh and if you have a really nice friendly young lady Erin check you in or out, tell her about this review! I have read reviews on this site but this is my first written review on here and it is because it is well deserved!! HAVE A BLESSED STAY!!! Thanks for reading my first review!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get you choicehotel privileges reward card to get your free water, cookies and USA t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Traveling Friend - we don't know how else to begin responding then by saying, "Wow." Thank you so much for the kind words that you offered regarding your stay. We know that we are not a "Ritz" hotel, but do our very best to make sure that every guest has a pleasant and memorable stay. We are so glad to hear that you and your family were satisfied and had a good experience. Our owners are wonderful leaders who are passionate about helping in the community and making sure that everyone feels at home at our hotel. We will make sure to pass your review onto them. We will also make sure to share your insights with Erin. She is fantastic and a true blessing to our staff. Again, thank you for taking time to offer feedback and for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a great weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited Michigan for the Tulip Festival 2013 and stayed here since all Holland, MI hotels were expensive.
Salient features I liked:
1. Very reasonable pricing
2. Good hot breakfast
3. Clean rooms
4. The property looks new and is very well maintained. It is a non-smoking property, so the hallways and rooms do not smell of stale cigarette smoke
5. Extremely courteous staff
6. Close to some great restaurants (we dined at "Thai Fusion" which was around a 5 minute drive and were impressed)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Tulip Visitor - thank you so much for the detailed review. We appreciate general feedback from our travelers. However, it is always encouraging to know that the extra steps we take do make a positive impression. The Tulip Festival is one of our favorite West Michigan events. We love interacting with the guests from around the world who come to see the beautiful flowers. We are honored to know that you had a memorable visit to the festival and then a relaxing stay at our property. We strive to provide each guest with a clean, reasonably priced room. Thanks for letting us know we succeeded. Also, thanks for the feedback on the Thai food - yum!!! Again, we appreciate you staying with us and for offering such kind words. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Grand Rapids.
Rapid City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at Comfort Inn for the park and fly option they offered. On returning from my two week trip I encountered a dead car battery. I discovered the problem at about 10:30 at night when my electric key fob didn't unlock my vehicle. The two women at the front desk that evening (Erin and Krista) were extremely helpful. Then in the morning when I asked for help, Bo jumped right on the job! He met me at my car with jumper cables and then along came Brett with the vehicle. Both men were gentlemen and would not take the monetary tip I offered them. I am sold on future stays at Comfort Inns. And oh, did I mention the bed and pillows were heavenly?!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Anna - thank you so much for the kind words about your stay. We felt terrible about your battery being dead. That is not the way you want to return from a trip. I am glad to hear that the staff was able to help. We have a fun group of people with good hearts. I will make sure to let them know about your post. Again thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. We will have some extra heavenly pillows all set for next time you visit.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is our 3rd or 4th visit to this property and the staff continue to impress. EVERYONE is so friendly and helpful. Check in is always a "breeze". The rooms are spacious and clean. The WiFi is quick! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: If you have a choice, stay away from 125 or 127. These rooms face the entrance driveway. This is a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Canadian Friends - we love having visitors from the North. Thank you so much for returning to our property. We love seeing familiar faces. It is one of the most enjoyable parts about working in the hospitality industry. Your comments mean so much as well. We do our best to provide fast, friendly, and professional customer service. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are the the States. P.S. - your icon photo is wonderful! Are you a Detroit Tigers fan as well? Have a wonderful week.
Deerfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hey, I am on the road about 65 nights a year and this Comfort Inn is a very good combination of Clean, Up-to-date and great rate. I have returned hear several times and has never disappointed. I like the higher floor and try to face West in the parking lot, because those rooms have balconies.

Room Tip: I like the upper floor and see if can get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Valued Guest - the greatest compliment a hotel can have is a loyal returning customer. We can't thank you enough for being such a faithful patron and for writing such a nice review of our property. We do believe we are a great value, but it means so much more to hear affirmation from the guests. Once again, thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Ludington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have traveled to Grand Rapids weekly for a treatment program and have found this Comfort Inn location to be a wonderful place to stay. I have noticed over the last several weeks that there are many "regulars" who stay at this hotel. Figuring that out is easy since the staff greets the "regulars" by name. I guess I'm a regular too since I'm greeted by name upon arrival. I'm not much of a traveler and prefer to be at home. Staying at this location is like being at home. The entire staff is warm, friendly and caring. I highly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Clinton - it is always a pleasure to have you staying with us. Thank you so much for taking time to review our property and for offering such positive insights. We know what it is like to be away from home. Thus, we do our best to make all our guests feel welcome. Still, we especially love our regulars. It is fun to catch up on people's lives and to offer encouragement in anyway that we can. We hope things are going well in Ludington and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Have a great weekend.
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Overall this property is a good solid value for the price. Rooms are fine, location is very good, amenities are nice including fitness center, breakfast, coffee in lobby, internet etc. We had an issue with our room missing it's cleaning on one of the days we were there. However, when this was brought to the attention of the manager he responded quickly and I was very satisfied with his response.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quieter room I would probably ask for one not next to the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Friend – we truly appreciate you taking time to give input from your recent stay at our property. We once again apologize for the mix-up with cleaning your room. We are always looking for ways to improve and can’t thank you enough for being so understanding. We are proud of our hotel but look to grow each day. We hope your spring has been pleasant thus far and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Grand Rapids. Take Care.

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!