“Clean and modern, good for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Clean and modern, good for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Beds were comfy, loved the modern, trendy decor. Nice widescreen tvs, but no HD. What's the point? Wonderful breakfast with lots of options: sausage, scrambled eggs, bagels, english muffins, coffee, waffles and more! I was very pleased with it!! You could constantly hear people talking in the halls as the walked by and the doors shut very loudly. It's the type of door, not that people were slamming them. You could also hear the creaking and thumping of people walking around above, which I hate! Being a light sleeper, I always bring my ear plugs and had a very nice nights sleep. It was a nice, clean hotel, and a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor if noise from above bothers you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Heyemilie,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Grand Rapids. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and a good nights sleep. I want to apologize for any noise that disturbed you. We hope to see you again the next time your business brings you to Grand Rapids.

Joe H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lapeer, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for ourselves and our family for a wedding in the area and were very pleased with the property. Every staff member from the maintenance staff to front desk were very friendly, always said hello and asked if we needed any help. The property was clean inside and outside. Rooms were nicely decorated, clean and appropriately sized. Beds were super comfy. We did not feel cramped in the room as we had to put up a pack n play for our grandson to sleep in. Breakfast each morning was hot, tasted good, plenty of options and well stocked and maintained by the breakfast staff. Pool area clean and family enjoyed swimming. We would definitely stay here again when in the area and need a place to stay. We booked a total of 8 rooms and all family members were pleased with their stay. Thank you for helping us make our son's wedding weekend enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi Sissybabe,
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and staff. We love getting such great feedback from our guests! We strive to provide exceptional service and accommodations to all of our guests and it is wonderful to hear that we made your weekend wedding trip a pleasurable experience. We love that you took advantage of our amenities and enjoyed a nice swim and great meal with us. Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn-Grand Rapids. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids.

Warm thanks,
Cassaundra Hickok
Director of Sales
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Easy location to get to the airport.

The second floor was being painted during my stay, but luckily my room had no fume smell, nor did the lobby.

This hotel was okay. It seemed like it could have been an old Super 8 that was trying to appear like it was upgraded.

Breakfast had a great selection.

Room Tip: Make sure your floor's hallway isn't being painted.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Fourknees,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Fairfield Inn Grand Rapids. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and location. I apologize if the painting of the hallway interfered with your stay in any way. We do our best to minimize the impact to our guests. Please come see us again the next time you are in the area.

Kind thanks,
Joe H.
Garden City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed while on a quick trip to Grand Rapids. Location was good, many choices for food and shopping. Room was clean and well kept and breakfast had plenty of choices. Easy to get to and we would definately stay again. Only suggestion would be a fridge for all rooms and for them to carry milk in their Marketplace area. We were traveling with a toddler and had to go out for a small container of milk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've rarely met a friendlier staff, housekeeper named Renee met me in the hall and asked about my stay. Very unusual. I would have rated the hotel excellent had it not been for the under powered a/c, and the wall-papering in process.

The 2nd floor was still undergoing a bit of remodeling; they were wall-papering during my visit. Some may not have a problem with the chemical smell, but I do unfortunately. Had to change to the 3rd floor, the chemical smell on 2 was too much! Even on the other floors the smell could be detected, but wasn't as intense.

Was a little apprehensive when I sat on the bed and it sank quite a bit, but the bed slept great for me, might not be as good for everyone. Sure glad Marriott changed their bed ensemble, like this coverlet much better.

The only other complaint is the above referenced a/c in adequacy. The highs during my visit were low 80's, so I would expect the units to keep up, but they had difficulty.

Cleanliness is very good, room otherwise pretty standard for a Fairfield Inn. At this hotel, the staff makes the difference.

Room Tip: Get an east facing room to minimize any a/c inadequacies.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Fabthunder,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Grand Rapids. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and especially Renee. I will be sure to pass on your kind words. I am sorry that our renovation kept you from fully enjoying your stay. I also want to apologize that your A/C wasn't functioning properly. I will address this issue with my maintenance team. We hope to see you back after our renovation is completed so you can see the brand new hotel.

Joe H
canton, ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were in Grand Rapids to visit the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum and stayed here for the night. The check in experience was outstanding. The clerk at the desk, who I believe was named Jamie, was pleasant, friendly and knew the area well. With heavy road construction in the area, she helped with directions to get around. The room was typical for a Fairfield as it was nice and clean with no surprises. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom nice and clean. In fact, the entire property was in great shape. If this review stopped now, it would be rated an outstanding visit. However, in the morning we were awaken before 8 with hammering noises. Very loud I might add. After getting dressed and going down to the front desk, I asked if there was remodeling going on. The morning clerk, who was not nearly as nice as Jamie was, said no that workmen were repairing a broken air conditioner. The room they were working on was right below ours. I made a few comments regarding the work being done in a hotel so early in the morning and she said it was arranged by corporate. I asked to speak to a manager and she said none was there. Chris (I believe was the name), was due in shortly. I expressed my displeasure again and went and had the free breakfast. The area was big for a Fairfield and the breakfast was fine. I appreciated the large number of USA-Today papers. As I went to check out, about 30 minutes later, I again asked if the manager was in and this time she said that no, he must be running late. I was offered 500 reward points, but I was not satisfied with the response. She finally did apologize, but not right away. And she did say she told the workmen to stop, which didn't do us a lot of good as the damage was done. You would think in a hotel that they would not schedule any work prior to 9 or 10am as people do sleep in a hotel and many get in late. Like I said, this would have been a great visit if not for the lack of response in the morning, the early, uninvited wake up call, and a manager who decided to come in late on that particular morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Grand Rapids Fairfield Inn. We value your feedback and use it to evaluate what we are doing right as well as where we need to improve. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your night and morning breakfast with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were woken up by excessive noise. I have addressed this issue with the front desk staff and maintenance team to ensure that problems like this do not occur again. I do hope when you are back in town that you will give us another chance to show you the exceptional service that our guests have come to know.

Joe H
Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My fiance and I flew from Jacksonville, Florida to Grand Rapids for a wedding of a friend. My fiance grew up in Michigan (though was his first time in GR), and this was my first time visiting the state. As not being familiar with the area, this hotel was in a wonderful location! Located on the main road, it made travel for entertainment, shopping and dining extremely easy! Not only that, the hotel was extremely clean, and the staff was beyond exceptional and were so kind and sociable. The complimentary breakfast was a great way to start our mornings and we know for a fact we will definitely visit again whenever we come back to the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!