“Good for a night's stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Detroit, Michigan
“Good for a night's stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped at this Fairfield on our way home on a weekend journey. It was under construction, which is fine, it happens. However, it really affected the morning breakfast. The breakfast was served in a little room and it was too tiny for people to even move around and get their food. Plus when we got down there, there was no coffee (really?), no batter for waffles, and no fruit cups in the fridge. We decided not to eat there, which is a bummer since we ended up spending more $$ to eat elsewhere. Also, the heater was extremely loud and it either blew out really, really hot air or cold air. There was no happy medium. We were out for dinner for the night and didn't realize how loud and inconsistent it was until really late, so we did not complain to the front desk, so I can't rate their ability to fix it. We have stayed at many Fairfield Inns, this was just unfortunate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandRapidsHWS_GM, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello TPOP51,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn by Marriott-Grand Rapids. We truly appreciate the feedback that we get from our guests.
I am very saddened to hear that the experience that you had at our hotel was anything less that fabulous. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home with us and I apologize that we did not provide that atmosphere to you. Our Management team will be working with our maintenance department to assess all of our heating/cooling units to insure that they are in top working order and running at a reasonable level.
Since your stay we have completed the renovation of our lobby and breakfast area. We are now serving our expanded hot breakfast in our beautiful new space and are stocking and maintaining the assortment of breakfast items for all of our guests enjoyment.
I would love the opportunity to show you how your comments have been used to improve the experience for each and every guests when your travels bring you back to the Grand Rapids area.
If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Cassaundra Hickok
Director of Sales
cassaundra.hickok@tmihospitality.com
616-940-2700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I only stayed one night at this hotel, but I was very impressed with my stay. I had to call the hotel a few times before my stay, and every time I called, they were always very polite and very helpful. The hotel was very clean, and everywhere you looked, someone was cleaning something, like windows, door handles, the floors. The staff was more than accommodating with every request we had. I even forgot my wallet in the room when I checked out, and when I called later that day, rather than just telling me they would wait to see if the cleaners find it, he kept me on the phone while he went into that room and searched for it himself. I've worked in customer service for the last 15 years, I have to say, I am very impressed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Grants Pass, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The rooms were decent. The breakfast was fine. We had the luck of staying the two nights that a family reunion was going on so the main room was over-run with loud and rude people (the staff didn't do anything about it).

This hotel seems a bit outdated but it's a good location, enough off 28th street it feels like you are a bit away from the sketchiness of 28th. We had alright service. When I requested another blanket for my son the person at the front desk made it seem like it was an inconvience. Who knows... maybe just a bad day?

There was a dark stain on my blanket (cofee maybe), and I don't drink coffee. The is the nice down comforter I'm talking about. So that was gross. I told the staff about it and she wanted to blame someone else instead of taking care of it. I kept trying to explain to her that I didn't want to get someone in trouble I just needed a new blanket. I got the new blanket. The staff here just have a weird culture it seems.

The beds were fine. It wasn't the best sleep ever, and not the worst either. It wasn't a memorable place to stay. When we come back to Grand Rapids to visit, I think we'll try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a nice experience here. Even though we arrived late, the desk manager was very nice and told us about the art fair going on downtown. The price was very reasonable and the rooms were comfortable. The food was as advertised, a continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holbrook, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

No brochures on Gerald ford museum even though the site is only 15 minutes away from the hotel. Food was mediocre. Location was in poor section. Bad Internet service. Beds were uncomfortable. I would never stay at another Fairfield Marriott after this experience.

• Stayed July 2012
GrandRapidsFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you were expecting while staying at our hotel. We are addressing these issues; updating our brochures for locations in the area, and ways to enhance our breakfast. We do hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Grand Rapids Fairfield Inn next time you are in the area.

Jodi Beers
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend. Polite staff, quick check-in. We arrived early so we got to pick our room. Good sized room with plenty of towels and a comfy bed. Room had the usual shampoo, conditioner, soaps, hair dryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. Lacks a fridge and microwave. Lobby has hot coffee 24 hours. Breakfast was the usual at Fairfield, muffins, waffles, bagels, fruits, etc. Great location. One block from the main drag which has every chain store and restaurant you can think of and then some! Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This was a better than average Fairfield Inn. The check in was very polite. A few extra amenities in the bathroom, sufficient towels, etc. Location was good in terms of nearby many restaurants and downtown. Bed was very soft. Internet (included in the room rate) was good. Decent value for the price paid. A solid hotel. No negatives other than a lack of a laundry facility onsite.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!