“Bedbugs!” 1 of 5 stars

35 28th Street Southwest, Grand Rapids, MI 49548 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #44 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
“Bedbugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

When I first got to the room I wondered why plastic on the mattress to my horror I was to find out because of their bedbug problem. Yes its inexpensive but yet way to expensive for what it is. I lifted up the phone receiver and it was so dirty! Hairs and dirt all over it. It looked like it had never been cleaned. Also saw a couple roaches hanging out along with someone asking me for drugs, someone propositioning me for sex, and someone who apparently was watching me to see what room I went in so they could call my room in a attempt to who knows what. Anytime I told the staff about any of this they would act like mad at me like I was putting them out or something or act like any of these things were no big deal. I was unable to just leave because they would not refund my money. Nightmare to say the least and those were just a few things wrong with my stay!

• Stayed September 2012

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is cheap and is not what people are saying they've cleaned it up a lot I did not have any problems I found it to be clean and the employees were very nice and helpful !!!!!will definatley come back if need too

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Paid for a week and couldn't wait to leave. To start off I experienced horrible customer service ever. They advertise one price, but have hidden fees that they don't tell you about. The outside was worn down with hookers and dealers soliciting you. Upon entering the room it had no carpet, blood on the shower curtain and huge blood stain under chair. The room smelled horrible, a shower so dirty my children and I visited family just to get clean. Called the health department, and building inspector on this hotel. In my opinion they just don't care, and that's why they let places like this and Grand Rapids Inn operate such deplorable hotels.

• Stayed November 2011
Springport, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We wanted a nice day out to relax. When we got there, there was numerous shady looking people just standing and lurking around the hotel and in the halls. First the outside of the building is nasty to begin with, the paint is chipping away and the roof looks like it is about to fall in. The inside is much worse! We had gotten a room for 70 with a jacuzzi and were much dissapointed with the condition of the room. The carpets were stained and the linens and room all together smelled horrible. There was cigarette burns everywhere in a non smoking room. Inside of our mini fridge was disgusting. The bath tub and jacuzzi tub was dirty. The curtain covering the sliding door to the outside was falling down. We was in there for just over 15 min (checking out the room, and using the phonebook to call a different hotel to book a room) and by time we went back to ask for our money back they refused, saying that we had purchased the room 16 minutes ago and they didnt refund after 15 min. We still didnt stay, we told them to keep there free money they took from us and use it to clean their rooms! We ended up going to Crowne Plaza about 5 miles down the road and paid 90 for the room which was absolutely beautiful and i would definately recommend that place!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

Our church youth group booked this room, after looking at the website. We had 5 rooms. ALL of which were disgusting. We ran into cigerette butt in the toilet, stains on the furniture, standing water on the floor, cleaning rags left on the nightstand, dirty linens, The place was full of loud smokey parties. There were condoms in the vending machines. It is not America's Best anything. BEWARE!

Stayed February 2008
Jonesville, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

Booked this room for business. There was a sliding glass door that led to an alley, but no lock for the glass door only a metal bar. The room was dirty and I don't even want to guess what the stain was on the carpet. There were some shady people hanging around the motel. We checked out immediately.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2006

We booked this hotel through Orbitz - we had seen no pics. Although, seeing the pics here, it looks WAY better than it actually is. Shady figures were lurking in the middle of the day! Paint was chipping off the side of the hotel. Inside, it was filthy and the couch and chairs were falling apart, and dirty linens were all over the help counter. The front desk worker was very rude. We wanted out the minute we got there. We were told that we had to give up part of the booking price - we were out $7, but we would've paid $170 to not have to stay there. We ended up going to Motel 6 on the other side of town (only thing with vacancy at that time) - It was nothing special, but WAY better than this horrible "Best" inn!.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Best Inn Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!