“Ok Place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Ok Place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Standard hotel. Clean with no surprises. Staff was exceptionally nice. My room had a malfunctioning heater that made noise, But these things happen and I certainly wouldn't hold it against them.

Internet was pretty fast. Was able to stream video and skype with relative ease.

Mattress was hard and bouncy. Kind of like a slab of concrete mounted on springs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
BearHug111,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that the service was good for you. I do, however, want to apologize about the issues you mentioned in your review. I understand how frustrating it can be to try to sleep with an uncomfortable mattress and malfunctioning HVAC unit. I will pass on these concerns with both my maintenance and housekeeping staff so we can be more on top of fixing these issues before our guests encounter them.

Andrew White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Somewhat dated HIE. Old tube type Zenith TV (do they even make Zenith anymore?). Service below par, as a Priority Club member we often receive complementary water bottles and even snacks and NOTHING at this HIE. Also more expensive than other HIE's in similar suburban neighborhoods. Not good value for the money -- skip this one if you have an option.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you AI A for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We do take your satisfaction with us very seriously and we are sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. We are continuously looking to improve our offerings and services and this submission is something that helps us get this done. We hope that next time you are in town you can stop by and find a much more satisfying stay experience.

Thank you.
Macomb, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here a total of 5 nights over the month of January for business. Hotel is located in great area with lots of restuarants and shopping close by and within close proximity to downtown Grand Rapids. Check in was always easy and front desk were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were clean and spacious but lacked the wow factor. As a business traveler I often spend much time in room but the TV was small, an old picture tube style with poor picture quality and limited stations. And the decor was just plan and simple. The contintental breakfast had limited choices and was ok. Definately would stay here again, good value for money but I would give it a 3.5 star.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
simbadusty,

I appreciate the comments you have shared based on your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that the service you received was pleasant and accommodating. I do apologize about some of the concerns you brought up during your stay. We are currently in the process of addressing the "lack of wow factor". Our renovation is in the planning stages with our designers, and we are excited to deliver these new features to our future guests. Although we don't have a set timeline for this renovation yet, we are hoping to have it done sooner, rather than later. Thank you once again for your feeback.

Best Wishes,

Coopersville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My scrap-booking group has been staying at this hotel twice a year for about 5 years now. Our experience only gets better with each stay. Andrew and his employees are very accommodating and genuinely friendly. They are so helpful, seeing to all our needs. The rooms are always clean and we love the breakfast in the morning. There are scrap-booking stores close by to meet our needs. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay at a place that makes you feel at home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brenda K,

It is very nice to hear such kind words in regards to your stay and time with us during your scrapbooking event. We take pride in taking care of our guests, and are very thankful to have groups such as yours continually coming back to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area.

Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed this last weekend while visiting Grand Rapids and really enjoyed our stay. We received an upgrade to a room with kitchenette. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable. It was very quiet. Easy on off expressway. Some shopping in front of hotel, which we enjoyed. As usually the breakfast is just okay, eggs were not hot, nor was the sausage gravy. Their cinnamon rolls were hot and yummy. Coffee was good. I would stay there again while visiting Grand Rapids.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor are quiet and have a microwave and sink. Also a fridge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Morewine81,

Thank you for the pleasant review! I am glad to hear, that for the most part your stay with us was a good one. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast offered in the morning was sub-par. I will address these concerns with my team, as we are always looking to improve on the service and products we offer. We hope to see you again next time you're in the Grand Rapids area.

Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a frequent traveler to Grand Rapids and it is always a pleasure the stay at this hotel. The staff is friendly and always helpful. As a business traveler I spend quite a bit of time on the road and I consider this Hotel my home in Grand Rapids and the staff my friends. The management and staff always go out of there way to welcome me and make me feel at home. Thank you and keep up the great job!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mark S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review. We appreciate the kind words, and always make it a priority to make guests feel comfortable while they are away from their homes. We hope that we can continually offer you the great service you have become accustomed to receiving from us.

Kind Regards,
Saint Robert, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I paid over $120 a night for my room and it felt very dated. The TV was about 20 years old and horribly fuzzy with no sleep timer. After a long drive I wanted to lay back and watch the football game but I could barely see what was happening on the TV.

The furniture in the room was old. The Office chair was badly stained and the desk was beat up. The binder with the channel line up and HBO info was badly faded and barely held together. For a place that costs over $100 for even the most basic of room clearly dose not put any of it back into maintaining the rooms.

House keeping was poor over all. The sheets where badly wrinkled on top of the bed and there was hair in the bathroom when we got there.

One redeeming fact was the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

As a Army Family we travel often and this Holiday inn Express fell well short of what we expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you LukeBK for sharing your input with us. I would like to apologize about your experience at our hotel, and I want you to know that your issues with cleanliness have already been addressed. Our televisions are set to replaced later this year. I completely understand the frustrations with your stay and hope that you will continue choosing IHG properties in the future.

Thank you for your service, and thank you for bringing this information to my attention.

With Sincere Apologies,
Andrew White

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North? Share your experiences!