“Outstanding Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Iowa
“Outstanding Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved the size of the rooms and the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff was excellent and my stay was peaceful. This hotel is not a main road and the silence was welcome when it came to getting a good nights rest.

Close to some shopping and several restaurants as well. If you like super clean with a friendly staff and comfortable location then this hotel will work for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Belleville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bussiness travel can be very demanding, hectic and very hurried to say the least,thus peace of mind is very welcome.

At the Walker Holiday Inn I'am always greeted and treated like arriving in a friendley port, the staff is always very professional and willing to assist in any way to make a wary travler feel like home away from home.

Traveling 400 plus miles a day it is a great comfort to know that I can pick up my phone and call to reserve a room, while being treated with respect for a late arrival time.

Upon arrival my check in is ready and fast always being greeted by name and a friendly smile.

Last I would like to say the staff, including the housekeeping and breakfast staff perfom an excellant job of which is a direct reflection on the management.

Gary S. Schnabel

Room Tip: Choose a room on first floor,close to breakfast and park outside your romm window.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have traveled for a living for more than 25 years...so I really appreciate a great hotel, I go out my way to stay here...when I am anywhere in the area, I use this hotel as a base. The entire staff/management are friendly and helpful, while maintaining a professional attitude.
While I am not "on the road" as much as I once was, it has always been nice to have the staff remember you...at Grand Rapids North, they always do! PRETTY IMPRESSIVE!

The location is close to I-96, as well as 131...so the location is convenient for the entire Grand Rapids area. The free parking is also a plus.

Kathy Petz

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The TV's could use an upgrade seams to be noisey (more insulation in walls) the rooms could be brighter. The bathrooms was good water pressure and all supplies good. Nice size rooms and enough pillows

• Stayed August 2012
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed at this holiday inn multiple times; they have friendly staff, good breakfast and clean rooms. Also have very nice desk staff that is very helpful. I’ve stayed at the other holiday inn, which is in downtown GR and found this holiday inn is much improved to the downtown one when it comes to staff, free breakfast and overall cleanliness of the rooms. For the price this is the hotel I choose when I travel to GR.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Property is showing its age. Rather dingy. Old, hard mattress. Thin sheets and towels. Carpet was old and dirty. This place needs help....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We are very sorry that you feel this way. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Grand Rapids North has been a very popular destination over the last 10 years. We were able to put in new carpeting about 2 years ago and are currently planning a complete renovation. We hope that on your next visit, you will see all our changes and upgrades.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were on a motorcycle trip and the heat was nearing 100 degrees. I had to get off of the bike and to a room as I was feeling sick from the heat. We stopped there very early in the afternoon. The host was very, very gracious and found a room that was clean, on the first floor as we had requested and proceeded to check us in quickly. I am a Priority Club member, so don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but we received an upgraded room that was great. I would totally recommend this property to anyone needing a place to stay in this area of Grand Rapids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take care of all our guests like they were members of our Priority Club program. But being a member does have it's rewards....

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North? Share your experiences!