“Sorry to say, I won't be back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 28th Street Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI 49546   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Philadelphia
“Sorry to say, I won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I spend 4-5 nights per month in a hotel, and I am not really a picky traveler. But, boy was I dissappointed with this stay at Holiday Inn Express. For example, the bathroom sink stopper was broken and stuck in the down position. I had to call the front desk and wait for that to be fixed at 10PM after a long day traveling. The window had something smeared all over it. I left a note for the housekeeper, along with a tip, and when I got back that night, the tip was gone, but the window was still disgusting. The only thing the housekeeper did was make the bed and fold the towels. The little details, like putting the iron away and cleaning up some randon trash, were not attened to. The TV remote was missing, but I found it on the floor under the sofa. Believe me - I don't want to be crawling around on the floor in a hotel! Finally, why can't a hotel room have an outlet near the bed available for phone or computer chargers? This hotel had 1 outlet behind the bed, taken up by lamp (no auxillary outlets) and radio. The only other outlet in the bedroom was behind the TV cabinet. I am sorry to say that I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for choosing our hotel for your Grand Rapids lodging needs. I am very sorry to hear about your displeasure with our hotel during your stay with us. Please take note that some of our windows are weathered, therefore causing the seals to leak moisture in between the two glass panels. Unfortunately, this is not something that our housekeepers are able to clean. We are currently in the exciting process of replacing all of our windows, and as I'm sure you can imagine, it can be an expensive and timely process. Once again, I apologize for your displeasure, and I certainly hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with the service you have come to expect with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites next time you are in the Grand Rapids area.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ypsilanti, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Very clean and great service; brought the kids for a school program and always stay at this location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you for your great review! We are always pleased to acommodate school groups, sports teams, and corporate events. Our five meeting rooms can make perfect places for groups to gather and business meetings to take place, all while staying close and on-site. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review, and we certainly hope to see you again soon!
THE WOODLANDS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

Clean, quiet & comfortable. Friendly staff that remembers your name. What every hotel experience should be. If you want a good room experience at a reasonable rate, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting such a pleasant review! Our goal is to provide extraordinary service to every one of our guests, and we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. It seems like "word of mouth" is always the greatest referral, and we appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to display our determination and desire to provide all of our guests with an extraordinary experience during their stay with us. Our entire staff works extremely hard to go above and beyond the standard expectations in the hospitality industry, and it's always great to hear testimonial of a pleasant visit. Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Grand Rapids Airport location, and we look forward to accommodating you again soon!
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

My family came to the Grand Rapids area to do a college campus visit for our daughter. The Holiday Inn Express was the beginning of a wonderful visit. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Kelly, the front desk clerk, was beyond helpful!!! She gave us maps and directions for a trip downtown. She was friendly and pleasant every time we had a question. The location was just a bit tricky to find....it is next to a Meijer store and behind another hotel. I would recommend a bigger sign on the street. The breakfast offered was the usual fare for a hotel that includes breakfast, but it was fresh and good and clean! We will be staying there again if our daughter chooses a college in that area!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review and thoughtful comments about our hotel! We are always appreciative of positive feedback and work hard to give our guests more than what they deserve during their stay with us. We adore familiarizing our guests with the Grand Rapids area, as we know how tricky and confusing it may be at times. Southwestern Michigan can be a great place to stay with downhill skiing and ice skating, to it's rich historical districts and cultural events. I speak for our entire staff when I say thank you for your patronage, and best wishes for your daughter's college pursuit.
Grand Rapids, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have not had a problem in the past. This last time, I had bed bugs in my bed and no hot water for a shower in the morning. After informing the desk that I had bed bugs, I was allowed to obtain another room. Upon turning in my room key in the morning, I mentioned that there was no hot water. The clerk stated "well it is pretty cold outside...".

This will be my last stay at this hotel. At a price of $104.00/night, I can find another hotel in the area with hot water and without bed bugs.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
pamelamattwebb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Upon your conversation with the front desk staff regarding the possible discovery of bed bugs in your room, we immediately brought in Griffin Pest Control to inspect the room and the findings were inconclusive for bed bugs. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and as an added precaution we are treating the entire floor as a preventative measure. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to the Holiday Inn Express’s hospitality standards we are so very proud of and we hope you will consider visiting us again when returning to the Grand Rapids area. We appreciate your feedback and if time allows, I would like to extend an invitation for you to contact me directly to further discuss your experience.

P Webb
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

The people were friendly and Very helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable.
Staying in a suite, rather than just a room, was a much better holiday experience.
Even though we stayed only two nights, having the coffee maker (with all the fixings provided), the microwave and refrigerator, made the stay more enjoyable. The continental breakfast had a large choice of items and all that we had was fresh and tasty. Again, I would say the staff was a large part of it. They were great.
P.S. Having shopping and restaurants so close was a real plus, too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2010
I would like to take this moment to express to you how much your review means to us, and to thank you for taking the time to post it. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to inform us of the pleasant experience they had. We are proud to be an all suite facility, allowing that extra space many of us desire to relax and stretch out in comfort while away from home. If you are ever in the Grand Rapids area again, we would love to accommodate you, as we are always pleased to see return guests! Thank you again for your patronage, and we hope to see you again soon!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

This hotel has everything to make for a great stay . . . clean, attractive rooms w/a separate sitting/tv area w/sleep sofa. The king bed was very, very comfortable . . . always looking for rooms with a great mattress. This definitely is great and makes the stay. There's also complimentary internet for checking e-mails, etc. Nice not to have to bring a laptop. The breakfast has lots of choices . . . even some hot items. Those cinnamon rolls are great every morning. And, the location is so good . . . handy to the expressway and lots of restaurants and stores, and Woodland Mall, movies, etc. We'll definitey be back. Great value for the money and for the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hiexgrmi, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
Thank you for your correspondence regarding
the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Grand Rapids Airport! We appreciate you taking
the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
Our facility is an all-suite hotel, making it perfect for business travelers, families, or couples needing extra space. Once again, thank you for your positive review. It is because of guests like you in which we strive for excellence!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!