First of all, let me say this was a great value for the money. I got my room for $42 per night through Priceline. Lots of room to strech out, 2 TVs, a kitchen. Quite a deal!
Still, I noticed lots of odd things. None of these are deal breakers, but they make you go "hmmmm". Let's start with the shuttle driver. Nice guy, but not a lot of English spoken. After "It's cold, no?", his English kind of puttered out. Got me to the hotel fast, though.
When I got to my room, I turned on a lamp. The room was pretty dim, so I turned on another. Still dim. Turns out all the lamps but one had 40 watt bulbs. The front desk got me a 100 watt bulb, but just one.
Signs everywhere talk about saving the environment & to put your towels on the floor if you want new ones or leave them up if you'd like to re-use them. I left my towels up but still got the whole room change - new towels, new soap, new shampoo.
On the plus side, at 6:30 a.m., the breakfast was hot & plentiful. Wear a jacket because the lobby gets cold in the winter when the front doors open while you're eating.
Again - a *great* value for the money. Just beware the 40 watt bulbs & you'll do fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us at the newest Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, MI!The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport Hotel provides quality and comfort with a unique twist...all rooms are suites! The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is located only 3 miles from this airport hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle service will have you there in minutes.Amenities abound at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport. Stay Smart with Express Start breakfast served daily (including those irresistible cinnamon buns) and hot coffee offered round the clock. When you arrive, take a dip in our indoor pool or shoot hoops at the backyard sport court. If there is work to be done, you ll love free wireless Internet throughout the hotel and complimentary business center services.The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport guests often visit nearby local Grand Rapids businesses including Steelcase Headquarters, Amway, Cascade Engineering, and Meijer among others.Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport is family and group friendly too, located next door to the MVP Sports Fieldhouse. We are also situated within walking distance of Cascade Meijer and Macaroni Grill, 2 miles from the Woodland Mall and Centerpointe Mall, 2 miles from Celebration Cinema, and only 5 miles away from the Frederik Meijer Gardens. The sandy beaches of the Lake Michigan shore is only a 35 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids