“Nice business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Long Island, New York
“Nice business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here with a client for a two-day business trip. The hotel manager, Kristan was lovely and helped us to resolve some issues with our reservation. We initially reserved the wrong Holiday Inn and Kristan was able to move our reservation over without any late cancellation penalties. The room was pretty clean, I only found one head hair among the bath towels. Hair nets should be worn. The room was set up with a separate desk/sitting area which was very convenient, but there were no plugs readily available to charge a cell phone in the bedroom area. The bed itself was comfortable but found my sleep interrupted as I constantly worked to make the cumbersome pillows work to avoid a pain in the neck in the morning, unfortunately those efforts were unsuccessful. I loved the lotion, although I doubt a man would. It was nicely scented, but difficult to get out of its bottle. Breakfast was mostly continental and sufficient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am happy to tell you that our new lamps for the bedroom area will be installed as soon as the shades arrive. This is exciting news for our guests, as the lamp bases have those additional outlets that are so desperately needed! The pillows have been changed over the last several weeks and it is unfortunate you did not have the new pillows in your room yet! In regards to the towels and cleanliness, I met with the Supervisor of that department and discussed your stay. I apologize your stay was not completely satisfactory and hope that we can have you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Coldwater, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We choose this hotel based on previous stays. While the suite was still a great value excluding the tepid water temp and pressure, having to traipse back and forth the parking lot to use the pool next door was very inconvenient. The choice of this hotel was based on having good small children for whom the pool was a major source of entertainment! Upon check in we find we'll have to traipse back and forth in the chilly wind! When I reported my disappointment The young desk clerk blew me off! I was not rude nor unpleasant just stating the case for being told when booking the room of the pool. I really think we should have been given some for of discount especially after the woman was like Oh sorry about your luck! Not sure we stay here again. Have always has great experiences with the express on Alpine so guess we'll go back there.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. The pool going out of service was not only unexpected but also frustrating! It was Spring Break and we were looking forward to hosting families for their leisure needs. We did take the opportunity while waiting for service and parts, to freshen up the area and paint the Jacuzzi. It was a very long 4 days and completely understand your frustration with the entire situation. I would like to have you come back and stay with us. Please give me a call so that we discuss your stay in further detail. Thank you! 616-940-8100
Eagle, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn here. The staff was very professional and accommodating. If you needed anything they took care of it right away. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area around the hotel and Grand Rapids. The rooms were clean, the fitness room was very nice for a hotel, and the breakfast was good.

I really can't express how nice the staff is , they made this stay very enjoyable!!!:-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for coming to stay with us recently. We enjoyed having you and appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. I will pass on your kind and inspiring words to my staff. Thank you again and come back to visit soon!
North Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel at the end of a weekend away on business. The hotels are booked by the company for whom I work. It was very conveniently located to the airport. However, the rooms need updating and the cleanliness was only fair in my room. Plus, there was a giant fruit punch colored stain on the carpet between the beds in the room. Totally turned me off and grossed me out. My heat was also turned down past 60 when I first came in the room and it was in the teens outside. With that being said, the gentleman downstairs was very friendly. This hotel is a fine option for emergencies and flight cancellations. However, I most likely would not book here again traveling on my own dollar.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel regarding your stay. I apologize and am disappointed about the stain on your carpet and the heat being turned down so low. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I may get those issues resolved. Your compliment about my front desk staff will be passed on and is very appreciated. We do hope you will give us a second chance in the future. Thank you again-
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend. Since I knew we'd be spending quite a bit of time in our room, I opted to reserve a suite. I came across this hotel and the price was right. We had a Queen Suite and it had 2 queen beds, a kitchenette, and a living area. It was perfect for what we were looking for. The room was clean and spacious.

The hotel staff was friendly. The pool and hot tub area was nice, although the hot tub looked like it could use to be cleaned. The pool was clean, and nice and warm for swimming. The breakfast was ample and well stocked.

The location of the hotel is a little difficult to find. It is tucked behind the Meijer store, and is not visible from the main road in the dark. It is nearby everything you would need, so that is a bonus! Meijer, restaurants, main highways, are all near by.
This hotel met our needs well. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit here to Grand Rapids. We do appreciate your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon! Monika Harris, General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I spent one night in the hotel for a busniess trip, and I travel a lot, and I rarely complain, but this one bothers me. My biggest problem is that I booked my hotel thru my corporate travel agency, since I was traveling on business, and the corporate travel agency booked my room at a specific rate, but the hotel overcharged me by $4.27. Because the price was only marginally increased, I did not notice that they had overcharged me, shame on me. When I did notice the discrepancy (as I was filling in my expense report), I contacted my corporate travel agency who called the hotel and talked with Monica, to inquire why there was a rate change. She said that when the travel request was submitted, the rate was only for a double bed (I can not confirm or deny this to be true, as I do not have access to to my original booking doucment's webpage views), but in the travel request, I had indicated that a King bed was preffered, so they upgraded my room to to a king, and increased my room rate, without telling me. They never discussed with me at check in that they were modifying my original room, or that they were "upgrading" me in any way, it was just "ok, here's your room keys, have a nice night". So Monica said that since I never asked about the change in invoice price, it was my fault. So now I am letting every traveler know, that in my extensive years of travel, I have never had this type of experience, and if you are traveling to this hotel, DOUBLE check your innvoice as they are padding their numbers hoping that you don't notice, and then, well, it's your fault that you didn't catch them cheating you. All this for a lowsy $4.27, Monica, really, it's the customer's fault?

So let me expand on my review of the hotel and share what my upgraded room was like. First, I will say, the room was clean. So that was good, and expected. However, the toilet seat lid was a problem. It seems to me that they had one contractor install a shelf to the wall above the toilet, and had someone else install the toilet, becase the shelf blocks the toilet seat from being able to fully open, and then gravity pulls the seat closed while you are using the toilet. So in order to use it like a man, you have to hold the toilet seat lid up with one hand the whole time, and if you need to take a seat, well it just rides on your back the whole time.

The rest of the room was nicely appointed, TV, sofa, work desk, and coffee pot all seemd in good condition.

I will definately NOT stay here again, and I advise you to do the same. There are many hotels in that area to choose from.

Room Tip: Just double check your room rates, as they seem to change your room without letting you know that th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the miscommunication that you received. Please contact me so that I may speak to you directly at 616-940-8100. Thank you, Monika Harris, General Manager
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We just got back from Grand Rapids and we stayed at this hotel. It's in a great location with a large Meijer store a stone throw away and many restaurants within a 5 min drive. It's a smallish hotel and some would call it dated but, that never bothered me. It is clean, quiet and the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent. There were a lot of families staying here so it was good for the kids. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Monika H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts online. We are presently making some additional changes and look forward to your thoughts when you return! We hope that we can welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport again very soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!