I spent one night in the hotel for a busniess trip, and I travel a lot, and I rarely complain, but this one bothers me. My biggest problem is that I booked my hotel thru my corporate travel agency, since I was traveling on business, and the corporate travel agency booked my room at a specific rate, but the hotel overcharged me by $4.27. Because the price was only marginally increased, I did not notice that they had overcharged me, shame on me. When I did notice the discrepancy (as I was filling in my expense report), I contacted my corporate travel agency who called the hotel and talked with Monica, to inquire why there was a rate change. She said that when the travel request was submitted, the rate was only for a double bed (I can not confirm or deny this to be true, as I do not have access to to my original booking doucment's webpage views), but in the travel request, I had indicated that a King bed was preffered, so they upgraded my room to to a king, and increased my room rate, without telling me. They never discussed with me at check in that they were modifying my original room, or that they were "upgrading" me in any way, it was just "ok, here's your room keys, have a nice night". So Monica said that since I never asked about the change in invoice price, it was my fault. So now I am letting every traveler know, that in my extensive years of travel, I have never had this type of experience, and if you are traveling to this hotel, DOUBLE check your innvoice as they are padding their numbers hoping that you don't notice, and then, well, it's your fault that you didn't catch them cheating you. All this for a lowsy $4.27, Monica, really, it's the customer's fault?
So let me expand on my review of the hotel and share what my upgraded room was like. First, I will say, the room was clean. So that was good, and expected. However, the toilet seat lid was a problem. It seems to me that they had one contractor install a shelf to the wall above the toilet, and had someone else install the toilet, becase the shelf blocks the toilet seat from being able to fully open, and then gravity pulls the seat closed while you are using the toilet. So in order to use it like a man, you have to hold the toilet seat lid up with one hand the whole time, and if you need to take a seat, well it just rides on your back the whole time.
The rest of the room was nicely appointed, TV, sofa, work desk, and coffee pot all seemd in good condition.
I will definately NOT stay here again, and I advise you to do the same. There are many hotels in that area to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us at the newest Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, MI!The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport Hotel provides quality and comfort with a unique twist...all rooms are suites! The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is located only 3 miles from this airport hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle service will have you there in minutes.Amenities abound at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport. Stay Smart with Express Start breakfast served daily (including those irresistible cinnamon buns) and hot coffee offered round the clock. When you arrive, take a dip in our indoor pool or shoot hoops at the backyard sport court. If there is work to be done, you ll love free wireless Internet throughout the hotel and complimentary business center services.The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport guests often visit nearby local Grand Rapids businesses including Steelcase Headquarters, Amway, Cascade Engineering, and Meijer among others.Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport is family and group friendly too, located next door to the MVP Sports Fieldhouse. We are also situated within walking distance of Cascade Meijer and Macaroni Grill, 2 miles from the Woodland Mall and Centerpointe Mall, 2 miles from Celebration Cinema, and only 5 miles away from the Frederik Meijer Gardens. The sandy beaches of the Lake Michigan shore is only a 35 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids