Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Ranked #17 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Michigan
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here overnight and had been to this hotel last year as well. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but there are some definite selling points about this hotel. It's in a good location, lots of shopping and restaurants surrounding it and it's only about ten minutes from downtown. The rooms were great for our situation-I was traveling with my two teenage nieces so each of us got our own bed (there is a sofabed in the other room) and a tv in both rooms. There is a microwave, refrigerator, sink and cupboards. The hotel needs some updating in the sense of aesthetic repairs particularly in the bathroom but nothing that was a big deal. I didn't check the pool so I can't review it. Biggest complaint would be the breakfast-the breakfast itself was fine-good variety and included hot food as well. The problem is the location and size of the area. Apparently everyone decided to go at once so there was no seating and you are right in the hotel lobby which is just annoying. Overall this hotel would only be my first choice if I was traveling in a similar situation where we would need to spread out a little.

Room Tip: I will mention that we were on the first floor and I woke up in the middle of the night to the peopl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Weehawken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, which is a good thing, because after a flight it is nice to stay someplace with no surprises. It is not the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've stayed, but it is certainly a solid four stars.

Pros:
1. Great location by GRR, about 10 minutes away by shuttle.
2. The staff was very friendly and professional.
3. The rooms were clean and very big with a pull out couch in case you have the kids with you.
4. I liked how the room was stocked with plasticware and a microwave.
5. One of the better breakfasts I've had at a Holiday Inn Express. The ready made cheese omelets were a pleasant surprise.

Cons:
1. My shuttle driver was talking on his cell phone the entire ride. I know that Michigan does not have the cell phone laws like the east coast states, but I did not find his actions professional.
2. The shower's water pressure was very low.

I recommend this hotel. It is convenient and provides exactly what is expected from a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recently stayed here for a state mandated training. The hotel is right next door to the Kent County DHS, where my training was, and I could just walk right over! The hotel was also right next to a Meijer, which was nice because I was able to pick up some snack food and because the room was a beautiful suite, I had somewhere to store it! It was very accessible to the highway and there was many restaurant options down the main road. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: 2nd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We needed a place to stay overnight while we were in town for a wedding. We got to Grand Rapids a little early so I stopped in to see if we could get an early check-in. I waited for a few minutes while the desk clerk, who seemed less than happy to be there, made her Saturday night out plans before assisting me or even acknowledging my presence. Not a good start, but one grumpy worker wasn't going to ruin my weekend. There were no rooms available at the time, so we went to lunch and came back at 3:00 for regular check-in.

The room was clean, the bed was kind of lumpy, but good enough for one night. We loved the size of our suite as we had enough room for our child to play with the babysitter while we got ready. In the evening we went back to the front desk to get a rec for pizza delivery for the sitter. This time we were greeted by a different front desk clerk who was very pleasant and far more accommodating than the first.

The following morning we had a nice hot breakfast, all of the food was stocked well and the food area was kept very clean. We also used the hot tub and the pool which were also nice.

If I find myself in GR again there is a good chance that I will just book a room here without even looking around.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Woods, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to pick our son up from camp. I had booked through Priceline, so I didn't get my pick of the room, but called ahead to make sure that we could get 2 queen beds as our daughter was with us. Upon check-in we were placed in a king room. No problem, that was an easy fix and we were given our 2 queen room. My daughter enjoyed the pool, room was clean, good sized mini-fridge in the room with some counter top and cupboards to store food. This was a nice hotel to stay at and I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. We typically stay at Marriott brand hotels. This was great.

• Stayed August 2013
DanielHungerfordGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent patronage and for taking the time to share your thoughts online. It was nice to hear you enjoyed the amenities of our All Suite Hotel. I hope that we can welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport again soon.
Ortonville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here on business for two nights in mid-August. I loved the room! Every room is a suite. With a microwave, coffee maker, fridge, sink, cupboards, counter top to fix foods/coffee, etc.
I loved that I didn't have to make coffee in the bathroom! There were plenty of plugs for my electronics. The internet was fast enough to stream a movie from HBO Go. I read other reviews and opted for staying on the third floor, it was very quiet. Staff was friendly. Quick check in/out. Breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn food with a mixture of hot and cold items available. I didn't have time to use the pool or the fitness room, but they looked nice. Fitness room was on the third floor. Will definitely stay here again when I'm back here on business. The hotel was a little hard to find, had to call the front desk and ask for their location. The hotel is located next to Meijers. Many restaurants and shopping venues are nearby. Thank you Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Little hard to find the hotel. It's located next to Meijers. Third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while traveling in the area. We were pleased with the accomodations, everything was clean and attractive.

Our suite had two rooms (booked in advance), the *bedroom* was spacious. The other room in the suite had a conference table and pull out couch which was comfortable for my daughter, after friendly and helpful front desk employee Matt brought the bedding for it. There was also a small refrigerator and coffee maker.

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were very small! They *looked* nice (décor wise), but it looked like they had taken a regular pillow and chopped it in half!

It was only a one night booking, but we were comfortable and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport? Share your experiences!