I was in Grand Rapids for a convention and stayed at the HI Express near the airport. The location is not the best- while it's in a busy area near I-96, it's quite a bit back and not convenient to reach. You have to either drive through a Meijer parking lot, or through a winding business access road.
The hotel itself is very nice. Checkin was fast and easy. As a Priority Club Gold member, .i received a bottle of water and popcorn, a nice touch. Room itself was a suite with sitting area and small kitchen- very nice and well worth the low price I paid. Central air cooled the room, much nicer than the standard wall unit I am used to seeing. Two TVs were in the room, and the channel selection was decent, lots of sports and movies. A nice touch was the addition of Fox Sports Detroit so I could watch the Tigers game. Most hotels I have been in do not offer the regional sports network.
Bathroom was decent. Only issue was the weak exhaust fan.
I did run into a couple problems. One of the light bulbs above the kitchen was burned out. I called the front desk for maintenance, and they did send a man up with a light bulb. I changed it myself, but it was very difficult due to the ceiling ties. In fact, the casing around the socket fell out, and I couldn't get it back in. I called the front desk again to let them know, so I would not be charged to fix this.
My other issue was neither phone in my room would dial out! I tried several times, with and without a 1 and the area code, and nothing worked! The front desk let me use their phone and they offered to send up a man to fix it, however I did not feel like being bothered again.
Had a hard time sleeping, but not sure if it was the bed or me.
Wi-Fi is fast and keeps connection.
Pool is slightly on the small side, but very warm. Spa is fine. Business center is one computer next to the front desk. Did not use fitness center.
Breakfast is very good, with the famous cinnamon rolls!
With the great price I paid, this was a good value overall. If I'm ever in Grand Rapids again for an overnight stay, I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us at the newest Holiday Inn Express in Grand Rapids, MI!The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport Hotel provides quality and comfort with a unique twist...all rooms are suites! The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is located only 3 miles from this airport hotel and our complimentary airport shuttle service will have you there in minutes.Amenities abound at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport. Stay Smart with Express Start breakfast served daily (including those irresistible cinnamon buns) and hot coffee offered round the clock. When you arrive, take a dip in our indoor pool or shoot hoops at the backyard sport court. If there is work to be done, you ll love free wireless Internet throughout the hotel and complimentary business center services.The Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport guests often visit nearby local Grand Rapids businesses including Steelcase Headquarters, Amway, Cascade Engineering, and Meijer among others.Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids Airport is family and group friendly too, located next door to the MVP Sports Fieldhouse. We are also situated within walking distance of Cascade Meijer and Macaroni Grill, 2 miles from the Woodland Mall and Centerpointe Mall, 2 miles from Celebration Cinema, and only 5 miles away from the Frederik Meijer Gardens. The sandy beaches of the Lake Michigan shore is only a 35 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids