“Extended Stay, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Extended Stay, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband stayed here a month during the time he was finishing up his contract at work. His room was on the small side, but he didn't spend much time there. He had a nice flat panel TV, microwave, small fridge, and a comfortable bed. He used the free wi-fi to get on the internet from his laptop. He was able to use Netflix and Skype from it, so the badwidth was obviously very good.

My husband was not too impressed with the breakfast. It was the exact same every single day, and it got to be very heavy, so he bought some of his own food for breakfast. The small meal in the evenings he was appreciate of. They were not large enough to be a dinner, but it was nice.

My husband also said he was not impressed with the cleaning staff. There was an incident where his room was cleaned after a week staying and he came back and a toilet brush was left on his desk chair. He called the front desk and they came and removed it. Gross. Besides that the staff were great.

We had a death in the family toward the end of the stay, and also I had emergency surgery where he had to extend his stay much longer. He left many valuable things in the room hoping that they would still be there when he got back - they were! They were very flexible and helpful in making the dates work for us. I was impressed that he was not in his room for over a week and nothing went missing (his x-box, laptop, x-box games).

So if we needed to do an extended stay again we for sure would use this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel was better than I expected, obviously recently renovated. The whole hotel was really clean. The beds were comfortable, I could have slept all day! Hot breakfast was average, your best bet is to just use the waffle maker!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Walhalla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for two nights 8/31/12 - 9/02-12 During our weekend shopping getaway and we really enjoyed our stay.

Clean comfortable rooms, the hotel staff was superb, The pool and hotub were very nice after walking around all day. Nice breakfast in the mornings. We will definately stay here again on our shopping trips!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Great price, free airport shuttle. Room was very very clean, haven't stayed at such a great hotel in a while ((; Will stay here again....Nice staff as well! Great value on priceline 63 bucks well spent for this awesome hotel!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We needed economy accommodation in Grand Rapids and were very pleasantly surprised for the value we received for the price. Our rooms were big and clean, the pool area was well-kept, the breakfast was basic but nicely done. The inn is easy to find and there's lots of parking. For our internet rate of just over $60 US per night, it was very good alue.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed the weekend for a Lake Michigan visit. Location is really good with a lot of shopping and restaurants nearby. Receptionist was friendly and check in was quick. The room was SMALL-had a king bed and it was only me so it was okay but even one other person would have been too many. The decor is really cute except why are the walls damaged? The air was not on so it was stifling in there which is inexcusable. Bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is so tiny that if I would have had to close the door I would have felt very claustrophic. Shower only and the stall is good sized but they really need to repaint/clean better. The pool area was too hot for me to go in and the exercise room is tiny. Three cardio machines right next to each other.
Breakfast was ridiculous. The room was way too small and there was a boys sports team down there apparently with no adults because they did not know how to not crowd everyone. I didn't bother going on the second day. Not the worst hotel but there are other choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

There are so many hotels in this area please pick another. We ended up at the Sleep Inn because our soccer team was staying there. I should have trusted my gut and not stayed there. Don't let the pictures fool you. It's a lipstick makeover. The only nice thing was the receptionist!! When we entered our room (103) the smell hit us like a brick wall. I was so tired from being up since 4:00 in the morning that I tried to over pass it. Then I looked down and the carpet is torn up right by the front door. Then you walk in and the walls seem like a dog or cat went crazy over the wall paper. The wall paper was shredded in many places. Then the bathroom I can't even start. They didn't even paint around the door jam. The part that was painted was so dirty with stains that we tried hard not to touch anything. The shower was so dark and scary that we didn't even take a shower. I will never again stay or look at a Sleep Inn again!!!!
I did try to change my hotel but called three hotels and they were all booked. Thank goodness we had games all day that all we had to do is crawl into bed and sleep.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!