“Dependable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Dependable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past 6 months (maybe 12?). The staff is friendly and helpful, the room is clean and the bed comfortable. We usually have a king suite, which is great for us. We especially like that some suites have two full bathrooms. We can sleep in and still be on our way with plenty of time to spare. The breakfast is adequate with a wide variety of foods including eggs, bacon and sausage. I would recommend considering this property when needing a place to stay in Grand Rapids.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was greeted with a smile and upbeat attuide. Upgrade my room. They have food from 5pm to 7pm. Got a really late check out with no problem. Everything worked in the room. It was clean lobby and nice setup. They dont have a pool but have a card to take to a 'sister' hotel to use their pool n hot tub down the road. I maybe back a 3rd time:)

Room Tip: Best rooms are 244 and 242. its a double room that makes it 2 baths 2 tvs 2 refigertors 2 everything...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in Clarion inn grand rapids, hotel for 2 months during business trip. This hotel is trying to cheat my tax refund of $409. The hotel GM promised and gave fake assurance that she is responsible for sending my cheque of the tax returns. But now even after 2 months she even deny to reply to my email or attend my phone call. I REALLY DO NOT RECOMMEND TO PAY ANY ADVANCE CASH TO THIS HOTEL AS THEY DON CARE TO RETURN IT BACK. THEY ARE A PAIN TO AMERICANS FAME.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 months during business trip. This hotel is trying to cheat my tax refund of $409. The hotel GM promised and gave fake assurance that she is responsible for sending my cheque of the tax returns. But now even after 2 months she even deny to reply to my email or attend my phone call. I REALLY DO NOT RECOMMEND TO PAY ANY ADVANCE CASH TO THIS HOTEL AS THEY DON CARE TO RETURN IT BACK. THEY ARE A PAIN TO AMERICANS FAME.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The "heated pool" is non-existent. Well, there is a pool out there, but no water in it. The room is MUCH smaller than the pictures. You have to go through a somewhat scary stairwell to get to your room. Got a deal from four square when we arrived...for a free upgrade due to this being out first check in but they refused to honor it since we booked through a "third party" (Expedia). We could have had a room like the picture advertised if we booked direct through clarion, which is what I thought the telephone number I had was to.)
I will never stay at a clarion again...especially this one. The staff were not very pleasant nor were they accommodating. We are not impressed what so ever. I'll stick to my usual Hotel 8..they are larger rooms, nicer staff and about $70 cheaper per night. Paying more doesn't always get you more. (Well, not with clarion inn, anyway). The breakfast..I'm almost afraid to try it. They have a make-shift "kitchen" in the lobby where they plan to. Cook the "buffet breakfast" which doesn't look like it will be "buffet" at all. I'm NOT impressed nor will I return. Don't come here!!! There are many hotels around here. Do a little research. Nasty!!! We just found someone's pants in the wardrobe. They obviously don't do thorough cleaning here, either!

• Stayed May 2013
Debbie H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review. We certainly apologize for failing to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Kardokh Piromari
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in town on business and stayed at the Clarion Inn for 5 days (April 29-May 3rd). Overall I would rate my stay and pretty decent. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast food was OK ( I would rate this hotel just under a Hampton Inn or Country Inn and Suites). Overall I would say that I got my money's worth here and would definitely stay here again if I were to visit the area again.

Room Tip: Skip the Managers hospitality meal from 5-7PM. It isn't worth your time.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tecumseh, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion inn on Business and had an awesome stay. I was upgraded to a suite which had two rooms and two flat screen televisions. The room was clean and the staff excellent. While at the hotel, I looked at a few of the other rooms they offer in case I came back to the area and found them all clean and very well appointed. I travel a lot on business and found that this hotel was one of the best prices for a hotel of this caliber I have found in the area. Stephanie at the front desk was very helpful; from getting me a Wall Street Journal, to making sure we were able to find our room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!