“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, United States
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here on business on several occasions typically for a week or more. My room was kept very clean every day. Staff helpful and friendly. Convenient location just off the expressway. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, we appreciate you taking the time to recognize our facility and staff!

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff, cleanliness, and continental breakfast, are excellent. The Hampton may be tucked away from the main road but here are many conveniences to choose from. I recommand the Hampton to anyone who is looking for a quite & comfortable stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We pride ourselves in being a hidden gem right off a main strip but located on the Grand Valley, enabling us to have a beautiful view of the city. It's nice to be close to a lot of things to do but still tucked away in a quiet location.
Marquette, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very clean and hospitable staff. I stay at this location every time I am in Grand Rapids on business. It is right off the highway but still close to restaurants and shops if you need anything. I like the jacuzzi suite, great size room.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the recognition!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

When I walked in I thought 'WOW!' It looks like everything is new and the front desk staff was confident, calm, professional, very nice & welcoming. Our room was spacious and clean. Cleanliness is a top priorty for me and I was very happy. Even the pool and hot tub were clean. You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I will make sure to share this with my team. They have been working so hard on giving customers like you an outstanding experience. We appreciate the recognition!
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I like this Hampton Inn. It is in a good location, very clean and customer service is great. Breakfast is fair and the coffee is good. The rooms are clean and spacious. Will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your experience. We are so proud to here it was an exceptional one!
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here last week with our family on a short vacation to Grand Rapids. Our family is made up of 5 boys under the age of 5 and this was the perfect place for us. The room was HUGE! I've never stayed in such a large hotel room (it was a King suite). The room had a full door between the living space and bedroom, which was perfect for the adults staying up later than the kids. The kids slept on a fairly comfortable pull out couch. Pool was clean and we had it to ourselves during our stay. Hotel is tucked away on a busy strip with many food options, retail, coffee drive thrus, etc. Average breakfast in the morning and very helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. It is very satisfying to receive the recognition when our team is working so hard to keep our guests happy during this busy time. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize us. Thank you!
Greensburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

In general we have always liked Hamptons -- they are consistently clean and comfortable with helpful, friendly staff. Over the past 4 years we have traveled to the Grand Rapids/Muskegon area to drop off and pick my daughter from summer camp and have always stayed at a Hampton. A couple of years ago she was accepted into their international program. Knowing that we would be making multiple trips to the area for rehearsals, I joined the Honors program thinking that we might as well earn some rewards. However, two years later, as I was trying to book our stay for this year's trip, I found that I still did not have enough points and had to pay over $100.00 to buy extra points get a "free" night. I did it just to burn up my points and have vowed never to stay at a Hilton-owned property again. About the same time, I booked a room at a Comfort Suites for a different trip -- it was clean, comfortable and had a friendly, helpful staff. It was also about $30 less than the Hampton in the same area. Why on earth would I continue to fund Paris' irresponsible, lavish lifestyle when I have my own two children to put through college?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues you have experienced with our Hilton Honors reward program. Reward stays are based on the average rate of the hotel you are staying at so they can range from 15,000 to 50,000 points of redemption. Hampton is a very strong and consistent brand and I assure you this complimentary program is a great value. Lastly, I wanted to let you know that the Hilton family, including Paris is not affiliated and has not run this company in some time so the money you pay is not going towards their lifestyle what so ever. Once again, I apologize for the issues and hopefully during your future travels you will come back to Hampton Inn!

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North? Share your experiences!