“very nice hotel, however...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Gerald Ford Museum Rate
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Rockford, United States
“very nice hotel, however...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was nice, the breakfast was very yummy, and the service was great. The only bummer was that the hot tub was not working. We were greeted warmly at check-in and they were serving soft chocolate chip cookies. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Santa Claus, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very nice hotel close to shopping area. Easy access to highways to get around in the city quickly. Breakfast is good rooms were very clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I want to start by saying the the employees here are tremendous. They were all very friendly, welcoming, and made me feel right at home.

My only main criticism of this property is that is a somewhat older and dated Hampton. Even though it has been cosmetically updated like most/all Hamptons, I noticed the little things such as a smaller, more dated bathroom, older elevators, and a VERY small and cramped exercise room.

If in the area again, I might stay here unless there's an option in the same price range, and the hotel has been built in the past 4 years.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn that your experience with us lacked what you typically expect from us and that you found our rooms and property to be dated and in need of renovations. In order for us to continuously improve upon our products and services, we do take your comments very seriously. With that said, please be assured that I will be taking your feedback into consideration to improve our in-property experience.

Thank you again for your review and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so you may enjoy a more favorable stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Short 1 night stay with my family and it met my needs. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast, however it smelled great. Hotel looked renovated and i enjoyed the power charging stations (which accepted USB) at the nightstand.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The location is good if you like to shop, and staff is friendly, but the hotel is showing its age, in spite of having been updated. I stay in a lot of Hamptons and they are usually very clean, which is an absolute priority for me. I found the bathroom vanity to have a couple of sticky spots and a hair by the sink. There was more hair on the bathroom floor. The bath/shower area was just old and grubby. I'll be looking for a different hotel the next time I'm in the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HamptonGRN, General Manager at Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Ticket #: 7
Property: Hampton Inn Grand Rapids North, MI
Created by: eCommerce Review Help #6
Assigned to: Response Assignee GRRAP
Subject: 3 star review on TripAdvisor by Cheekywoman on 05/12/13
View ticket: http://www.revinate.com/tickets/26240-hampton-inn-grand-grand-rapids?id=129060

Thank you for staying with us. I was pleased to read from your review that you found our location to be convenient and our staff was friendly toward you. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay. I do understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
battle creek, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

nice simple hotel but no notice on the Hottub being closed. I wanted a simple hotel that had a pool and hottub and I was suprised when my wife and I put on our suits, went down the elevator just to realize the HT was closed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Waterford, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for a volleyball tournament. Rooms were clean, price was decent, but food was horrible. Got sick from the complimentary breakfast and the taste was awful. Took money out on a hold for no reason after telling me it would be returned to my card. Staff was friendly, but seemed confused on how to do simple check ins and check outs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North? Share your experiences!