“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5700 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a nice hotel. The room was very clean, there was a mirrored closet to hang clothes in and it had a nice shower with fluffy towels in the bathroom. My only complaint was that beds were not all that comfortable. It would have been nice to get a free continental breakfast, but we did get a good rate on Hotwire for the room. We opted to eat breakfast at a nearby Burger King rather than pay over $40.00 for breakfast for 4 at the restaurant.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaGR, Sales at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear sparkle88,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I apologize for the beds not being very comfortable. On your next visit, if this issue comes up again, feel free to let the front desk know, and so that you can be moved to a different room. I am very glad that the rest of your stay was pleasant. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you, and have a nice weekend.
Jaimee Kasperlik
Sales & Social Media Coordinator

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We drove to Grand Rapids for a weekend stay at the Crown Plaza, rooms were great, service awesome my family went down for a surprise Birthday party for my neice, and to return to a nice hotel is priceless.

Room Tip: All the times I've stayed at the Crown Plaza I was always on the first floor loved it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaGR, Sales at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Nanaboyz,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope we exceeded your expectations in every way. On your next visit, feel free to request a room on the first floor, and if available, we are always more than willing to accommodate. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to give us feedback on how we did! We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaimee
Gladwin, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Crown Plaza it was a pleasant weekend and we were very pleased with the employees, from the front desk, to maintenance and the room maid. Everyone was nice and willing to help.

We were there for a convention, the meals were great. I was surprised that the Surf & Turf dinner was so great. It is extremely hard to cook 100 steaks and have them served medium-rare. The Salmon was just slightly over cooked, but I was impressed as I worked for catering company back a few decades.
t
Great food and great room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaGR, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Investor51,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the food; yes it is very hard to get 100 steaks just right. :) I will be sure to let our Chef know that you were impressed. Thank you again for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to give us feedback on how we did!

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel overall was very nice. The pool looked fun though I did not get to use it. It was both indoor/outdoor. The room was nice and clean, though it wasn't the most comfortable bed ever. My room key did not work 2 out of 3 days, and I had to go to the front desk numerous times to get it fixed. The restaurant and lounge was convenient. Breakfast was not very good, but was free with the stay. If you didn't want the buffet they had a menu to order from. Ate there for dinner one night also and it was very good. Tuesday night there was karaoke night and was very entertaining to watch while having some Michigan made beer the bartender recommended! They had activities on different nights. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: They do have options of rooms where the vanity is inside, and outside of the bathroom. My colleague...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cassie M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room keys did not work. Not sure if you are aware, but be sure to keep room keys away from anything magnetic and your cell phone...both of those things can demagnetize the keys, making them not work. I do hope that the front desk was able to handle this promptly for your and get you on your way. Overall, I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy Karaoke night inside Aryana's Restaurant & Lounge. I'm sure it was very entertaining to watch. Thank you again for your review.

Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids Airport is typical of what you expect from this brand. This one had a larger size lobby with a quick, friendly check in, though I was not given the room I requested (far from the elevator ‘cause you all talk too much in the hallway). The rooms are average size and style (popcorn cement ceilings, dark and dated furniture). The room was clean, with a large flat-screen TV, and comfortable beds with lots of pillows. The internet was fast and free; you will need the password found in the key envelope. The bathroom was also average size, with just one sink, but came with lots of bars of soap and three bottle amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion).

There is a free shuttle to the airport that leaves early and frequently and is one of the benefits of the hotel.

The Crowne Plaze is supposed to be at the top of the IHG chain (well, Intercontinental really is), and I often come away with the feeling that they just change the name on a Holiday Inn and charge more, but do not provide any additional service. On this trip, I also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (same IGH chain), which was 50% cheaper, had nicer and bigger rooms, and came with a free breakfast…the bed did not have as many pillows, but everything else was better.

For an overnight hotel near the airport, this is perfectly acceptable place if you get a good rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear FlyguyAustin,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you chose the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids for your recent stay in Grand Rapids. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear that you do not feel the brand lives up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact IHG Corporate on this matter. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Was a little worried about this hotel considering the other reviews but I found it reasonably priced, clean and excellent service. The pools are beautiful. The hotel is actually quite large. I would stay here again, its a 10 min. ride to downtown.

• Stayed August 2013
CrownePlazaGR, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Dtestworkin,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your review. We appreciate your service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Grand Rapids, MI. Thank you again.

kalamazoo mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for a a little get away type night. I was very disappointed that the room did not have a refridgerator to keep drinks cold. I probably missed that on the website. Other than that the hotel was fine, not much contact with staff, other than front desk. Meijer/Walmart is very close, which we bought a disposable cooler there. Woodland mall is down the road, which we visited. Construction was done on 28th st!! Lots of food options along 28th st. Airport is close too. Like other reviewers mentioned it just needs a little updating to bring it up to standards that most people expect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaGR, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear alohaholi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. I hope that you enjoyed your little get away - those are needed sometimes! :) Yes, unfortunately not all of our rooms have a refrigerator in them, but this is something we are working on. We do have them available currently to add into a room for a small fee. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in Grand Rapids. Thank you again for writing a review.

Sales/Catering & Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)? Share your experiences!