“Overall, a pretty good hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport) to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5700 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 52 hotels in Grand Rapids
Indiana
“Overall, a pretty good hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The hotel room was clean and very modern. I found no problems in the room and was comfortable at all times. We didn't take advantage of the other amenities due to time constraints but there seemed to be many! The location is fantastic. Everything you could ever imagine is on the road the runs along it. I would stay again, and that's saying a lot from me!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaGR, Sales at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear JONAS2040,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted to hear that your most recent stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you again.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here with a travel volleyball team for a weekend tournament. The rooms were clean, the kids enjoyed the pool and the location was convenient. Our tournament venue was less than 1/2 mile away!
We were pleased with the ammenities the hotel offered. Some chose to eat at the restaurant at the hotel, and were pleased with it... while others chose to venture out for food. There were many options for dining located very nearby.
The staff was friendly and responded to requests immediately.
Will definitely try to book this hotel for future Grand Rapids stays.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Lolodo25,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
I am glad to hear that it was of great value to you. More and more restaurants are popping up in this area of Grand Rapids; on your next visit, if you'd prefer to venture out for food again, feel free to ask our staff for recommendations. :-) We hope to have the chance to serve you again.
Sincerely, Jaimee Kasperlik
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

stayed here for a week in Feb. Quick observations. Service was very friendly and helpful. Nicely done. The hotel itself needs some attention. Door locks, mattresses need updating. No frigs in the room which is a standard these days (especially if your target market is families).

Pool area is very nice with lots of space.

Given the great rate we had, it probably matched the value for price paid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Adventravler,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed last night for one night with my husband on a weekend outing...Very clean, nice beds and pillows...comfy room furniture...but...so many doors! To get from hallways to the next hallway to the lobby,say, or the pool...there are so many doors! I guess it would be great in case of a fire...but a bit confusing to find your way around if you park at a side entrance and want to go to the lobby...I must say I got a good amount of steps registered on my pedometer, and it was fun testing myself to find my way around! Oh, and the breakfast was lovely! (great coffee and lots of it!) Quiet night and slept well. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear vloomis5,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant. As far as the door and floor plan issue, I completely understand! I am here a lot, and I still manager to get myself turned around. Upon your next visit, if you feel like you have taken too many turns, please feel free to ask a staff member passing by, as we will surely direct you to whatever location you intended on going to. Thank you again for the review.
Wyandotte, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

During a recent stay in Grand Rapids, along with other families, our group organizer chose to stay in the Crowne Plaza Hotel on 18th street.

Prior reservations had been made by an organizer of the event.

When we arrived, there were no reservations under our name...and no reservations for other families who were there for an event the following day.
I need to note that $100.00 was given to the organizer a week in advance to reserve the rooms, (almost 20 rooms).

So we decided to rent the room ourselves and put the payment on our personal Credit Card.

About 6:00 pm my teenage daughter came to our room and said "The organizer took your Credit Card payment that you made and put it on their bill."

So I called the office and told them "that they had no right to make charges or changes to our Credit Card without my authorization."

The attendant said..."How can we make this right for you? How about a free dinner on us?"

I said that's fine.

She brought the coupon up to the room, and I went downstairs to eat.
When I got to the restaurant the coupon was DATED FOR THE NEXT DAY.

The waiter said he could not accept it..I just shook my head and walked off.

Now, very upset, my wife and I decided to just stay in the room and calm down.

7:30 P.M.
A knock at the door.
We did not answer the door. (THE DOOR IS LOCKED)
5 seconds later, another knock.
We still did not answer. As you can see I wish to be left alone.
THEN THE DOOR OPENS AND A HOTEL EMPLOYEE ASKED IF WE WANT CHOCOLATES!

Out of fear, we did not leave the room unattended for the remainder of the evening.

So.... if you want un-welcomed people wandering in and out your room, regardless if the door is locked or not, and playing games with your credit card....stay there.

Otherwise, find another place to stay.

These people are NOT to be TRUSTED.

Room Tip: find another place to stay if you value your credit and safety.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I understand you spoke with our General Manager regarding this issue. We appreciate your business and do hope that you consider our hotel again if your travels bring you back to Grand Rapids.

Sincerely Nicole VanHarn
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here a few weekends ago as a place to crash for the night after luging in Muskegon and thought the hotel was average. The lobby was quite pretty and the staff was accommodating and friendly. Once we got to the hallway where our rooms were located we noticed the housekeeping staff was still cleaning; it was five in the evening. We tried taking a quick nap before dinner, and while the beds were comfortable, the housekeeping staff were yelling back and forth to each other down the hall. It was way too noisy. After attempting a nap, we headed to dinner. When we came back at eight, we stopped by another one of the rooms in our party, and in their hall, they were still cleaning rooms! I was shocked. While the hallways were very noisy throughout the night, there were a few good things about the place; for one the bathroom.The bathroom was pretty decent and everyone in our party really liked the shampoo and conditioner provided. The tub was large and nice after bruising some bones on the luge track. Overall, I'd say I wouldn't be opposed to going back, but try and find a room that isn't in a hall that's still being cleaned.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that is not near an exit to the parking lot, they seem to be much louder...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
John L, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport), responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your business! Please call me directly if you are thinking about staying at our property. I would be happy to upgrade you complimentary to our Concierge level, which is our top 2 floors so it will be quieter for your next stay. Thank you again for the feedback!

Sincerely Nicole VanHarn
Guest Services Manager
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fabulous service from the women at the front desk, but the gentleman with the "I'm in charge attitude" seemed only to notice the men and entirely ignored my gal pal and myself. For some reason the hotel was full of children during our stay and the adults seemed to give them free reign. It made what would otherwise have been a fabulous stay almost intolerable. We couldn't get near the pool area nor did we want to as the screaming children echoed at painful decibels. None of this was the fault of the establishment. If a family friendly event is happening in the area bring earplugs and patience.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the pool. Screaming children and drunk parents kept our peace and quiet out of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear elle m,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
I'm extremely pleased to hear that, though there were a few concerns, that you will stay here again.
I apologize for the gentleman's attitude at the front desk. I also apologize for the chaos you endured because of the many children here, during your stay. I have passed your concerns along to the proper management, as we rely on these guest comments/reviews to help us improve our establishment. Upon your next visit, if you encounter a situation like this again, please don't hesitate to let the front desk know; then we can have management deal with the situation immediately. We appreciate your business, and patience :-)
Sales & Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids (Airport)? Share your experiences!