“Excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Pearl Street Nw, US 131 and Pearl Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Grand Rapids
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times through several ownerships. It is very near museums, the river, restaurants and all of downtown. For the price, it is a good deal. We found the room clean, the staff accommodating and the furnishings more than adequate. The entire hotel was updated a few years back.The one thing I did not like about it is that the bathroom had only a toilet and bathtub/shower. No sink. The sink is in the room. While I like an extra sink in the room, I do not like it to be the only sink. The thought of all those dirty hands opening the door makes me sick!
Everything else was fine. You will also find that the restaurant in the lobby serves a good breakfast for a very fair price (not inflated hotel prices)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Clinton Township, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Not a terrible hotel however it was my husband's and my 1 year anniversary, we booked the reservation for one bed but were given a room with 2 double beds. Not the ideal anniversary room for 5 days. There was a convention in town and they were unable to accomodate us into another room but were very apologetic about it. I also had arranged for rom service to surprise him upon check-in, I was told the kitchen would be alerted to our arrival and all we had to do was stay in the room until it arrived. Well 1.5 hours later as my husband is hungry and I am stalling I finally had to fess up and call them. It was clear they forgot since it took another 30mins to arrive. Not what I hoped for. Also there were a number of very large spiders on the windows (because it is right near the water and I am sure they can't help it but it creeped me out nonetheless). Anyway we checked out and went over to the JW Marriott and had a nice time there (for almost double the price though of course). Also when we informed them we would check out a very nice manager guy told us to pop over to the restaurant and have a drink on him as an apology however I guess he forgot about us because we ended up paying for that too. Luckily we both have a great sense of humor and we laughed about our disastrous 1st anniversary night so it was okay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Cass182,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and I regret you received room service which was less than satisfactory. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests.

I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Medina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is one of the nicer Holiday Inns I have stayed in lately. Rooms are upto date and very clean. It is more reasonably priced than the other hotels in this area. Plus you do not have to pay for parking. It is located downtown with a lot to do within walking distance. I will stay here again whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carleton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the perfect place to stay during the ArtPrize event - close and reasonably priced. Imaginative art was everywhere. Our comfortable room gave us a restful night and the Pearl Street Grill was handy and reasonably priced to get us on our way. The staff and eager to point us in the right direction. The ArtPrize was a learning curve, the Holiday Inn wasn't. We'' be back for both next year.

Room Tip: Nicer view looking north
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids for a wedding in mid-September. Once we had parked in the adjacent lot (big cities make you forge how convenient that is) we never got in our car again. Lots to do, see and eat! The hotel was very clean and the staff helpful and nice. This will now be our go-to in GR!

• Stayed September 2012
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here because they offered a discount to people who had family members in the Butterworth Hospital up the street. We were there because my mother was in the hospital. The staff was so professional and so compassionate, I guess the look on my face must've said that there were problems when I checked in but they were very, very nice to us. The rooms were so clean - we had stayed the night before somewhere cheaper but it was horrid - so don't even think about it anymore - just book here. Clean, neat, great staff, great restaurant and work out facilities. The little bar is friendly and peaceful and the bartender cooked up some popcorn for us when he found out we'd been at the hospital all day and hadn't eaten the 2nd day. Plus they have a heart. I would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: every room is probably good here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Howell, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here for a work related training for 2 nights. They have a pool, decent exercise equipment, a nice bar. Basically everything you need. I wish they had the continental breakfast though. Other then that it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown? Share your experiences!